Harrods is seeking a senior interior designer to join its team in London.
Harrods Interior Design has an immediate vacancy for a highly driven and talented senior designer with over eight years’ experience to join its studio in London.
The successful candidate will work exclusively on high end residential projects within the UK and internationally.
Harrods Interior Design is a multidisciplinary practice of designers, architects and stylists committed to delivering outstanding luxury interiors. We strive to give every client an exceptional experience and a unique and tailored design.
As the world’s luxury emporium, we deliver a magical, memorable experience for customers. This makes us uniquely challenging for creative minds, to protect and grow our brand demands extraordinary composure, creativity and commerciality. Harrods’ global brand offers uniquely exciting challenges, and we nurture a supportive environment where creativity, resilience and commercial awareness make anything possible.
As a senior designer, you will have vast experience in all stages of a project’s life, from concept to completion, alongside a high level of project and team management skills. Together with an exceptional creative flair, the successful candidate will demonstrate true leadership qualities that ensure deadlines are met and projects are delivered on time and budget.
- project lead designer and job runner, taking ownership from initial brief to final installation
- manages and mentors the project team of designers and assistants to ensure a smooth and efficient client journey
- responsible for pitching design concepts with impeccable communication and client-facing skills
- create and manage design presentations and mood boards to consistently high standards
- skillfully resolve technical issues in line with the project’s design agenda
- fully responsible for all drawings and production information which leave the studio, including signing off all technical and bespoke joinery details
- lead site meetings and quality control visits and report accordingly
- ability to work on simultaneous projects with a quick turnaround of thoroughly detailed design drawings
Qualifications and experience:
- bachelors’ or masters’ degree from an accredited architectural or interior design institute
- minimum eight years’ post graduation experience working in the high end residential sector
- demonstrate experience leading and delivering prime and super-prime residential projects
- excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- strong budget and cost management skills
- vast knowledge of FF&E products, finishes and suppliers
- experience designing contemporary, California-style interiors an advantage
- flexibility to travel often
- must have a high level of proficiency in AutoCAD with minimum five years’ experience
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel for programming and project schedules
- proficiency in 3D modelling and freehand sketching an advantage
Our promise to you
We pride ourselves on challenging conventional thinking and making the impossible possible. If you share our positive approach, this is a career move that will open doors for you. You will gain experience across the business while working at the heart of a fast-paced and prestigious team.
For our part, we will recognise your ideas with excellent opportunities for long-term career progress, plus a strong package. This includes generous pension and life insurance, staff discounts of up to 33% on Harrods’ products, 25 days’ holiday and your birthday off.
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram.
To submit your application please click here.