Hassell is seeking an associate or senior associate to join its team in London.
Hassell is recruiting an associate/senior associate to support the growth and development of our landscape architecture team in London.
We work across landscape architecture, urban design, interior design and architecture – a rich multi-disciplinary mix of skills and perspectives that unlocks the economic, social and cultural value of projects.
We combine our creative design expertise with capabilities in strategy, research, technology and experience design, and we regularly collaborate with experts and partners from further afield.
Through our work, we’re trying to build a more inclusive, sustainable future for communities – and create a more socially and ecologically resilient world.
About the team
Our design values are shared globally across all the Hassell studios, by the talented people who work in them: architects, interior designers, landscape architects, urban designers, planners and specialist consultants.
We work together in integrated design teams because they produce the best outcomes for our clients. The increasingly complex projects that clients bring to us demand a culture built on collaboration, creativity, and innovation in design thinking and delivery.
Openness and empathy with our clients ensure their interests are at the heart of everything we design.
About the role
As an associate/senior associate with Hassell, you will lead and be responsible for effectively managing projects and project teams to ensure they meet both the financial and design requirements of the practice. You’ll have a significant involvement in the delivery of projects, including communication with clients and sub-consultants.
- As a key member of the London studio, you will be expected to encourage diversity of ideas in order to find creative, value-added approaches to problems and opportunities and assist establishing priorities on projects in an integrated way with the wider studio.
You will be responsible for assisting the principal in negotiation of fees and terms of engagement, improving project management processes, ensuring plans are communicated and work is resourced adequately, ensuring utilisation of the team. You’ll also be responsible for establishing client relationships and building project leads through robust business development, bid writing and industry networking and profiling. To aid this, you will ideally already have an established network on contacts from which to further relationships and grow project opportunities.
We are looking for an associate/senior associate who is committed to the development of a strong design culture with the ability and desire to achieve market recognition and leadership in landscape architecture/urban design.
You should have:
- have delivered a broad range of medium sized projects successfully, ideally in a number of internationally diverse locations, at both a conceptual and documentation level and through to built outcomes
- over ten years of relevant experience in public realm landscape architecture projects such as urban parks, waterfront precincts or similar
- strong business development and marketing skills
- a proven ability to win and manage work profitability
- strong experience and skills in the management of finances, resources, and personnel at a senior level
- qualification in landscape architecture, architecture or equivalent, and
chartered membership of the Landscape Institute
We consider our people to be our greatest resource. With that in mind, we place great emphasis on attracting, retaining and developing the best talent.
We value diversity, employing people across a number of regions, representing many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
Our team has access to a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing:
- creative studio working environment
- working regionally aligning best teams to the best projects
- inter studio transfer opportunities
- development and training including access to an online training program
- wellbeing benefits
- flexible start and finish times, part time and job share arrangements
- professional memberships
If you are looking to take the next step in your career with an established international design practice, this is the role for you!
Please apply via our careers site, including a copy of your CV, portfolio and covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this role.
Please, no agency or third party applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom