Hassell has an opportunity for a graduate architect/urban designer to join its team in London.
Creative global design studio | Open culture | Award-winning workplaces
With nine design studios spread around the world, chances are you’ve seen our work before.
We work across architecture, landscape architecture, interior design and urban design – a rich multi-disciplinary mix of skills and perspectives that unlocks the economic, social and cultural value of projects.
We combine our creative design expertise with capabilities in strategy, research, technology and experience design, and we regularly collaborate with experts and partners from further afield.
Through our work, we’re trying to build a more inclusive, sustainable future for communities – and create a more socially and ecologically resilient world.
About the team
Our design values are shared globally across all the Hassell studios, by the talented people who work in them: architects, interior designers, landscape architects, urban designers, planners and specialist consultants.
We work together in integrated design teams because they produce the best outcomes for our clients. The increasingly complex projects that clients bring to us demand a culture built on collaboration, creativity and innovation in design thinking and delivery.
Openness and empathy with our clients ensure their interests are at the heart of everything we design.
About the role
We are looking for an architecture graduate with broader urban design capabilities and interests to work on both bid opportunities and new live urban planning project opportunities across the globe.
Candidates must have good graphic, communication, organisational and software skills and a desire to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Experience with managing and utilising GIS systems is an advantage but not essential.
You should also have:
- well-rounded design and documentation skills
- proficiency in 3D modelling, visualisation and graphic software (Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion and Enscape)
- ability to extract information from public data sources for incorporation into design software (GIS to Rhino/AutoCAD)
- an appropriate tertiary qualification in urban design, architecture or landscape architecture and a minimum of two years’ professional experience in urban design/urban and regional planning
- excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
We value diversity, employing people across a number of regions, representing many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. Our team has access to a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing:
- creative studio working environment
- inter-studio transfer opportunities
- development and training including access to an online training program
- wellbeing benefits
- flexible start and finish times, part time and job share arrangements
- professional memberships
- study assistance
We’re a fast-paced and proactive practice so we don’t wait until applications close to review them. Submit your application as soon as possible for the best chance to land your ultimate job.
Hassell is an equal ppportunity employer.
We will not accept speculative candidates via agencies or third parties.