Hatch + Mason is looking for an architect or experienced Part 2/3 project lead to join its team in London.
Hatch + Mason is seeking an experienced architect (or experienced Part 2/3 project lead) with a clear passion for great design and a thirst for detailed construction and project delivery. Our growing portfolio of projects across the UK includes new build passive homes, residential extensions and refurbishments, nurseries and primary schools.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience in delivering bespoke projects from residential to retail development and from concept to completion.
Your role will vary considerably across all RIBA stages from client briefing to concept development, design, planning, tender and contract administration. You will be required to liaise with our clients, work proactively alongside our consultants, suppliers and contractors to ultimately deliver your designs through to completion.
We welcome people from all backgrounds including those from other design disciplines with relevant experience. We recognise that in order for each of our team to realise their full potential and succeed they must be offered an appropriate degree of experience and trust from our team leaders. Your career development is of fundamental importance to us as a practice.
We pride ourselves in creating a good work/life balance and actively seek to break the mould of long-established architectural attitudes towards efficiency and overtime.
The ideal candidate would have:
- excellent Revit, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite Skills
- a minimum of two years’ experience in an architectural office or design practice with a residential background
- excellent design skills
- strong communication and presentation skills
- be familiar with UK building regulations
- be self-motivated, independent, energetic and a people person
- detail-orientated and thorough
- have strong graphic abilities
- experience in developing working drawings
- must be eligible to work in the UK – we are not able to sponsor visas
- the ability to write and speak clearly, simply and coherently in English
Whilst we are a small firm, the opportunity and depth of experience offered to the successful candidate will see their role develop rapidly with scope for growth within the practice as we look to expand in the next 12 to 24 months. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
Our main office is in Waterloo however there are opportunities for hybrid working arrangements subject to your level of experience.
You do not need to be a resident of London but it would be useful if you were based within southeast or southwest London for ease of commuting.
To apply please:
- send a cover letter, setting out why you believe you would make a positive addition to our team
- your CV and a brief portfolio including professional work samples (max size 10mB) by clicking the apply for job button below
- include any notice period requirements and salary expectations
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on the 5 of July 2023.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are sorry we cannot respond to all applications, so if you do not hear from us after the closing date above please assume that you have been unsuccessful.