Haworth Tompkins is seeking a receptionist to join its team in London.
Award-winning architectural practice Haworth Tompkins are currently looking for a receptionist for a four-month fixed-term contract with the potential of the position becoming permanent. The role requires a highly organised individual with an excellent command of English, professional telephone manner, also confident, friendly and proactive. You must be computer literate, and be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook diaries. An interest in architecture and/or the creative industries is a bonus but not essential.
- greet visitors
- answer all incoming phone calls
- open and scan incoming mail
- organise outgoing post and create postage labels
- manage meeting rooms
- organise refreshments and lunch for visitors and meetings
- keep communal areas, such as the kitchen and meeting rooms, clean and tidy
- manage main studio email account
- create and log purchase orders for staff orders and project samples
- order stationery, office equipment and model making materials
- order weekly groceries for both studios
- manage recycling supplies and file transfer notes
- keep monthly log of meter readings
- manage studio printer supplies
- support studio coordinator and studio manager
- book couriers, taxis, train tickets, restaurant reservations and accommodation for staff
- file applicant CVs
- help organise CPDs and file attendance records
- general administration support for all members of staff including research tasks, document management and binding of project reports
- support working groups to deliver initiatives
- provide cover for when studio coordinator is away
- support the management of diaries for internal and external meetings
- manage our supplier questionnaires
Haworth Tompkins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We seek to support flexible working arrangements. Regrettably due to the expected volume of replies, we can only contact shortlisted applicants. We do not offer unpaid internships. If you would like to know more about our guiding principles as a practice, please see our values page on this website.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.