Haworth Tompkins has a vacancy for a studio assistant to join its team in London.
Award winning architectural practice Haworth Tompkins based in Kentish Town seek an exceptional studio assistant. This front of house and studio support role involves greeting clients and visitors, answering telephone calls, coordination of design team meetings, booking travel, couriers and taxis, managing incoming and outgoing mail, placing stationery orders and supporting the studio and HR manager.
The role is full time and office based and requires a highly organised individual with an excellent command of English, professional telephone manner, confident, friendly and proactive. You must be computer literate, and be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel. An interest in architecture and or the creative industries is a bonus but not essential.
Front of house duties:
- greet visitors
- answer incoming phone calls
- manage main studio email account
- open and scan incoming mail
- organise outgoing post
- manage meeting rooms
- organise refreshments and lunch for visitors and meetings when necessary
- order weekly groceries for both studios
- order stationary, office equipment and model making materials
- manage recycling supplies and file transfer notes
- manage studio printer supplies
- manage studio suppliers such as cleaners, alarm companies and landlord
- coordinate clear outs, repairs, and maintenance
- keep communal areas such as the kitchen and meeting rooms clean and tidy
- do monthly metre readings for both studios
- carry out fire marshal duties
- PA duties include diary management for directors
- organise internal and external meetings
- create and log purchase orders and raise Epay cards
- book events for employees and keep a log
- book couriers, taxis, train tickets, restaurant reservations and accommodation for staff
- coordinate booking interpreters and payments, and updating the interpreter calendar
- coordinate booking of international travel and visa applications
- help organise CPDs and file attendance records
- assist with planning office events and socials
- ordering gifts for staff when necessary
- support HR with recruitment by filing applicant CVs and organising interviews
- general administration support for all members of staff including research tasks, document management and binding of project reports
- archiving – organise the retention, retrieval, transfer, and removal of archive records
- support the studio manager and HR manager
Haworth Tompkins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We are particularly interested in applicants from underrepresented groups including women, those from a BAME background, with disabilities and the LGBTQ+ community. We seek to support flexible working arrangements to suit family commitments.
How to apply
Apply via the apply for job button below only, do not send printed documents. Applications can be addressed to Caroline McTurk.
Insert the position you are applying for, as it appears above, in the subject heading. Please state your availability in the covering email.
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th January 2023
Candidates who apply after the closing date may not be considered for the position.
Regrettably due to the expected volume of replies, we can only contact shortlisted applicants.