Haydon Finch Studio is hiring an experienced Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Haydon Finch Studio is a young design-led architectural and interior design practice, with a dedicated construction arm. We have an exciting residential project list which includes a number of substantial high-end refurbishments in West London, a new build contemporary home in Sussex and two new Passivhaus dwellings in Dorset.
We are looking for a talented Part 2 architectural assistant to join our London-based team. Our ideal candidate will combine a passion for great design, technical competence, specification knowledge and a great attitude. Proven experience of completing a range of well-designed residential projects will be very much welcomed. In exchange we are offering someone the opportunity to develop into a qualified architect at our vibrant studio and become part of a new way of realising projects alongside our integrated build team.
Ideal characteristics and abilities:
- fun, creative, collaborative and organised
- articulate in design culture, philosophy and trends, with an emphasis on interior architecture
- comfortable working on complex residential projects alongside large consultant teams
- a good knowledge of fixtures, fittings and finished materials for high end residential projects
- able to prepare and present sophisticated design presentations with clarity
- a good listener and fluent communicator in 2D, 3D, hand sketching and models
- produce coordinated drawings, schedules and specification in an efficient manner
- an appetite for good architectural detailing; plans, internal elevations, RCPs, setting out, joinery, door and windows
- an strong baseline understanding of the planning process, building regulations and procurement routes
- comfortable working closely with construction teams and overseeing construction work
- experience of working within sensitive or listed buildings
- enthusiastic and proactive about all aspects of day-to-day practice
- an appetite to share knowledge and experiences with our team, as well as an hunger to learn new things
- three-plus years experience on design-led residential projects post-Part 2 qualification
- fluent English (written and spoken) with strong communication skills
- CAD drawing (preferably Vectorworks)
- 3D visualisation (preferably SketchUp)
- Adobe Indesign and Photoshop
- Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar), Word and Excel
Applications and salary
Applications should comprise a single PDF no greater than 10 MB in size. Unfortunately we can’t accept physical applications.
We are an equal opportunities employer with ambitions to build and support a talented, diverse and happy team with low staff turnover. Salary will reflect the candidate’s level of experience.
Applicants for this job must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please apply via the apply for job button below.