Heatherwick Studio is looking for a BIM coordinator to join its team in London.
We are looking for an experienced BIM coordinator to lead the technical delivery of BIM within project teams. The role will contribute to and support the development of BIM procedures across the studio to streamline BIM delivery standards.
At the moment we are particularly looking for experienced candidates to join the Changi new airport terminal project as well as some large scale complex projects. Therefore you need to be confident handling projects with complexity in programming and design as well as have great attention to design details.
As a BIM coordinator, you will be owning the project BIM process from concept stage all the way along. You will be working very closely with the project team on a daily basis and report to the BIM manager.
- BIM coordination and daily management of BIM project data sets/workflows and project set up in accordance to project BEP and studio standards
- technical management of project BIM data sets, including management of collaborative aspects of the BIM process. Supervision and validation of BIM modelling and documentation output
- provide mentoring on ‘best practice’ workflows and software enabling applications, including dynamo tutoring and assistance
- prepare and deliver project specific training documentation and project BIM execution plans
- manage and maintain project content and source additional content for project teams
- support the technical delivery of projects in the role of BIM coordination
- provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team
- devise studio-wide initiatives to collate and spread shared knowledge in collaboration with the projects board and wider studio systems
- contribute as required to the design panel reviews and technical surgeries.
- liaise with head of project enabling and head of BIM to ensure changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams
Your skills and experience:
- at least five years’ professional experience in a BIM coordinator role
- extremely familiar with working in a design led practices on challenging and complex projects
- airport project experience desirable
- experience in project BIM set-up, execution and evaluation of BEP
- knowledge of Revit/Rhino interoperability is essential
- self-motivated with a proactive attitude to champion BIM coordination
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- knowledge of scripting languages desirable
- experience on visual scripting environment e.g. Grasshopper and Dynamo
- BIM certification desirable
- excellent communication skills
Please apply with your CV and portfolio using our careers portal. Please attach a cover letter with the reasons why you would like to join us. Applications without a portfolio can’t be considered, if you have any trouble uploading please contact the studio.