Heatherwick Studio is seeking an interior architect to join its practice in London.
Heatherwick Studio is looking for a talented and experienced interior architect to join our Changi airport project. You will be the key person to lead the interior ideation of the project.
This is a one-year fixed-term contract with possibility to extend. This is a full-time role.
You will be leading the interior package with a small team. You will collaborate with all the other architectural package leaders and report directly to the project leader.
You will be leading the concept ideation and development of interior spaces. You should already worked on a number of high-standard interior projects from concept to finish. We would like to see a variety of different types of projects instead of just one particular sector as you will be working on spaces of different natures. You need to have great understanding in spatial design and a good eye for materials and details. You will be the interior champion to push the project and inspire the team. Experience in leading a team is desirable.
- lead the concept design and detail design of multiple areas within the project
- development of space planning, and layouts of all public areas in line with client and regulatory requirements
- development of material palettes and demonstration relationships with the exterior
- development of detailing, documentation, FF&E selection, specification and procurement
- develop 2D and 3D drawings for internal and client presentations
- work collaboratively with technical consultants, project manager, engineers and other stakeholders
- guide and manage junior members of the team
You should have:
- extensive experience in high standard interior projects
- great technical knowledge
- fantastic communication skills and confident facing clients and contractors
- great organising skills, resilient to pressure
- proven track experience of designing and delivering built projects
- fantastic hand drawing skill
- proficiency of working with AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
How to apply
Please apply via our careers portal, with your CV, samples and cover letter to state why you are interested in this role. Please make sure the portfolio you submitted is a true reflection of your experience and skills. We value greatly how you put together your portfolio.