Heatherwick Studio is seeking Part 1 architectural designers to join its studio in London.
Location: London Kings Cross
The studio has a number of different architectural projects of different scales and typologies at the moment. This role could potentially be working on one single project or varied projects of different stages.
This will be a one-year full-time contract with the possibility to extend.
Starting date: beginning of July onward.
As a member of the design team you will be involved throughout the design process. You will be part of the team to help produce the design concepts, making physical models, computational models, 2D drawings and design presentations. You will be guided by senior members of the team and report directly to the project leader.
Your skills and attributes:
- bachelor degree in architecture
- proactive and enthusiastic
- curious and open-minded about design process
- able to take guidance as well as work independently
- great time management and organizational skills
- able to communicate design ideas verbally and visually
- fluent user of Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and AutoCAD
- experience with Revit, Grasshopper, V-Ray would be advantageous
- skilled in physical model making and using basic model making tools/machinery
Closing date: We will close the job once we find all the Part 1 designers we need. We will be interviewing through the summer months.
Once you have applied through here you will be asked to upload a cover letter and CV and importantly a PDF portfolio. Please note that your attachment limit is 10MB. Please include your own name when naming your documents.
Please make sure the portfolio you submitted is a true reflection of your experience and skills. We value greatly how you put together your portfolio.
Otherwise, you can provide a link to an online portfolio PDF (we do not accept format such as website). Applications without a portfolio can’t be considered.
We do not accept physical application by post. Any posted application will not be kept.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.