Helix Architecture is seeking an architect to join its firm in London.
Helix Architecture are growing their London studio and we are looking for a design-based junior architect or Part 2 graduate to join the team with immediate start.
Helix is a successful business with a broad range of residential, retail and commercial projects across the UK, serviced from offices in Bristol and London.
The company is entering its fourth year. It is steered by an experienced team with an established track record on delivering major London and UK national projects.
We are looking for a confident, self-motivated and friendly individual who is able to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team. You will have the opportunity to run your own projects and become a key part of making the business successful and making the business, your own.
Role: design architect
Applicants should have:
- excellent design and drawn presentation skills
- a positive drive to create great design
- experience and skill to overlook the running of several projects in various stages
- excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills
- good time management skills to meet commercial deadlines
- be willing to monitor and offer design guidance to the architectural delivery team throughout the construction process
- advance skills with Adobe Suite programs, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- excellent 3D modelling and visualisation skills (particularly with SketchUp and V-Ray)
- supporting the practice to develop and grow, with a view to leading on design matters
- wish to develop as a lead designer
It would be beneficial to have:
- two years’ post-qualification experience
- proficiency with Microstation
- knowledge of technical and general job-running experience
Note: Part 2 applicants would be expected to exhibit some, but not all of the above skills.
As a company, we are focused on creating a clear life/work balance:
- we have an open-book financial policy
- you will get to work on an exciting range of projects
- we hold regular social events
- we are focused on nurturing the individuals that help to make the company a success
- we have an ethos to provide profit-related bonuses, every employee receives the same percentage of salary bonus, irrelevant of position within the business
- this is an exciting opportunity for an architect to create their own design destiny
Please send your CV and portfolio to using the ‘apply’ link below. File size must not exceed 10 MB.
Please note due to the number of CVs we receive we will not be able to reply to all candidates.
The position will be advertised until 12 November 2019 with interviews starting as CVs are received.
18 Soho Square