Hemingway Design is seeking a junior graphic and media designer to join its team in London, UK.
Hemingway Design is looking for a junior graphic and media designer to work across visual identity, editorial layout, marketing and communication focussed projects.
You’ll support graphic and visual design projects that require creative solutions for client and internally set briefs. You will be part of the design team creating visual identities for towns, cities and brands and then putting them to use across a range of media and applications, including everything from small and large scale print to infographics, products to wayfinding, digital screens to billboards.
You will be responsible for creating marketing focussed artwork for Hemingway Design events and festival portfolio including Urban Village Fete, Sample, The Drops and The Classic Car Boot Sale as well as other cross-organisational projects including First Light Festival and We Invented The Weekend.
You will be required to create presentations ranging from powerful pitch decks that can persuasively sell strategic concepts, to specification documents at artwork stage.
You will work closely with the graphic design team, report directly to Hemingway Design partners and will be deeply immersed at every stage of a project, liaising with all departments in the studio. Often projects will include working closely with designers, copywriters, photographers, illustrators, marketing agencies and social media teams both in-house and externally.
Skills and experience required:
- we prioritise talent and personality over experience or qualifications
- proficiency in the full Adobe Creative Suite
- good quality typographic skills, with great attention to craft and detail
- a strong portfolio exhibiting examples of conceptual brand identities, packaging design, digital design for websites and social media and editorial
- an eye for contemporary photography, illustration, typography, iconography, form, colour and composition
- a genuine enthusiasm for the arts, knowledge of current design, media, social and awareness of social and cultural trends
- highly creative and full of bright ideas with an ability to be versatile, work autonomously and manage multiple work streams and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- ability to build good relationships internally and externally
- rigorous attention to detail, high standards and pride in your work
- strong communication skills with fluent spoken and written English
- developing and prototyping brand identity concepts, including logo design, typography, art direction and development of brand guidelines
- creative layout of editorial and print design
- digital communication assets
- independently developing creative responses to briefs and project explorations
- preparing presentations of creative concepts and designs for clients
- website design and digital assets
- thinking creatively to contribute to new ideas and concepts for all Hemingway Design projects
Salary and benefits:
- salary dependent on experience and skills
- four weeks paid holiday plus all public holidays
- the business operates a four/four-and-a-half-day week during the summer months of July and August
- we have two full-time office dogs
How to apply
Interested in applying for this position? Don’t just send us a CV but show us what you can bring to the Hemingway Design team.
In order to be suitable for this role, it’s important to us that you have an interest in and passion for our shared values of sustainability, social responsibility and using design to improve lives.
What is required:
- a strong portfolio of comprehensive and creative relevant previous work and CV with experience
- cover letter outlining why you want to work with us and why you’d be the perfect fit for our team
Please apply via the apply for job button below by Friday 27 May.
No telephone calls or agencies please.