Henry J Lyons is looking for a highly experienced, senior architect to join its practice in Dublin, Ireland.
At Henry J Lyons, senior architects work closely with the team director to oversee the delivery of medium and large-scale projects. They lead project teams, guiding and overseeing the work of junior team members.
The successful candidate will have at least 12 years’ post-graduate experience, with proven design and team management skills.
The role will suit a skilled collaborator with deep and broad experience in design and technical work, particularly at construction stage. You’re someone who will take great care of our clients and our team members, leveraging your expertise to deftly steward projects. You’ll be habitually on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and new ways to deliver value for our clients.
- the chance to join a forward-thinking architectural practice with long-term professional and career development opportunities and a supportive studio environment
- highly competitive, flexible and fair payment and benefits packages
- an in-house programme of CPD events and online CPD tracking system
- regular whole-of-studio design reviews and guided tours of projects after completion
- an award-winning city-centre studio, close to DART, Intercity, Luas and bus routes
- the use of the cycle to work Scheme, secure bicycle storage, showers and changing facilities
- a free and confidential employee assistance programme
- our program of in-house yoga, mindfulness and massage sessions, and access to corporate gym rates
- the option to join our social club and take part in monthly social, cultural and sports events
- the opportunity to work with design leaders and domain experts in BIM, BCAR, interior architecture and graphic design
- the option to mentor secondary school students as part of our intern programme
- a vibrant atmosphere and respect for the work-life balance and workplace well-being of our people
Henry J Lyons is an equal opportunities employer with a diverse and inclusive workforce. We’re open to discussing flexible working options to support employees with different needs.
- relevant BArch/MArch qualification from a recognised institute
- ability to manage and deliver complex projects across RIAI work stages
- deep knowledge and experience of building regulations for residential design and delivery
- proficient in AutoCAD and Revit – Adobe, Sketchup and MS Office skills are an advantage
- excellent design ability and technical skills, demonstrable through previous project experience
- ability to manage time to meet both project and team requirements
- ability to adapt to changing requirements, and work within a fast-paced environment
- a team collaborator, able to communicate and coordinate effectively with the design team and other stakeholders
- an effective motivator, able to lead, coach and provide constructive feedback to junior members of the team
- ability to direct, oversee and check the output of junior team members
- excellent organisational skills, able to achieve deliverables on time and within project constraints, identifying opportunities for improvement and anticipating risks and issues ahead of time
- perceptive and discerning in deciding when to problem-solve and when to ask for support
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.