The Hickson Design Partnership is looking for a mid-weight interior designer specialising in hospitality design to join its busy London practice.
As an intermediate interior designer, you would have successfully worked on projects from inception to completion for a minimum period of three years and preferably more, demonstrating your proven skills at delivering exceptional design and international quality work. Your passion for interior design and obsession for detail are supported by a sound technical and professional knowledge.
You are used to traveling, attending and/or presenting client meetings, and working comfortably and efficiently with a time plan and budget.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of hospitality projects throughout Europe and will be able to demonstrate the following skills and responsibilities.
Previous experience working on luxury hotel projects will be a distinct advantage.
ability to work within creative groups and produce conceptual designs for new projects
- great knowledge of FF&E selection for hospitality 4-5 stars
- very fluent AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp skills are critical requirements
- ability to manage your time and workflow within projects efficiently and under pressure
- quality experience dealing with suppliers and contractors
- fully competent in producing detailed FF&E specification, control books with costings, materials, finishes, and sanitary and all aspects of luxury projects
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- excellent standard of both verbal and written English
- good verbal and written Italian would be a distinct advantage
- self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- working on projects efficiently, to program and budget
- mentoring and assisting junior designers
- managing the procurement of FF&E products
- visualise concepts and explain and direct them to others
- developing detailed designs and choosing materials appropriate to the brief