HKS is seeking a skilled commercial interiors leader to join its office in London.
As a commercial interiors leader you will be responsible for orchestrating the work of project teams focused on design, development and delivery of outstanding solutions. You will continue to grow your design experience, relationship skills, collaboration and interpersonal skills while leading great projects and developing and cultivating an exceptional team and clients.
As a member of a studio’s leadership team, the post holder will collaborate with other practice leaders across the firm to enhance the culture for design excellence, elevate the quality of design, and achieve recognition for clients and the firm.
- lead business development for the commercial interiors practice area – securing projects and revenue for the studio by successfully leading marketing efforts and client development
- lead on the initial marketing stages through all design stages to completion including programming client needs and management of schedules, resourcing and budgets
- lead and develop the team through all phases by guiding, advising and mentoring other designers on project work
- act as a primary interface with clients. Work directly with the client, team members, and a wide range of consultants and collaborators both internal and external throughout the life of the project
- assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- building and sustaining client relationships.
- work with the studio leadership to further the strategic goals of the firm, practice area and studio
- collaborate with other leaders across the firm to enhance the culture for design excellence, elevate the quality of design and achieve recognition for clients and the firm
- registered architect (RIBA 3) or senior interior designer
- significant diverse experience post-qualification
- experience in a senior leadership role
- strong knowledge of the European FF&E market
- understanding of the latest workplace strategy trends and innovations
- ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills
- experience developing new business opportunities and client relationships
- experience building and effectively managing a team
- excellent presentation skills
- an outgoing personality with a team focused approach
- a mix of strategic and creative bent, with ability to create great design while embracing sound business strategy
- a desire to build a diverse team, to mentor and develop more junior colleagues and contribute to an inclusive workplace
- experience in managing projects, teams and client relationships
Applications should be made on our company website by uploading your CV and supporting portfolio.
HKS is an equal opportunities employer. We work flexibly.