HKS is recruiting a senior medical planner and architect to become part of its team in London.
We are looking for an experienced and talented senior medical planner to join our London studio and work on projects within our health practice area. The role requires a candidate with up-to-date knowledge and proven experience working across all project stages from concept to project completion. The candidate must have experience in leading the medical planning for a variety of project types from large-scale hospitals to smaller clinical facilities.
The role would ideally suit an experienced architect (RIBA Part 3) with proven medical planning experience. Alongside a deep technical knowledge the candidate is required to have excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to multi-task and to manage changing and challenging workloads.
- responsible for creating and planning the conceptual design of healthcare projects
- leads the planning process by generating concepts and layouts of internal departments
- works closely with clinicians to reach agreement on concepts
- demonstrates credible knowledge of current healthcare planning and programming concepts
- knowledge of current building and health-specific codes
- leads the medical planning of projects through the design stages
- works with contractors, consultants and associate firms to implement design concepts through to project completion
- presents professionally to hospital management, trusts and boards
- works with healthcare practice leaders to pursue and develop new clients
- works closely and productively with architectural teams and project managers
- acts as resource and mentor to junior team members
- architectural registration (RIBA Part 3) preferred
- up-to-date with current movements in healthcare design and planning, including sustainable design, patient safety, and evidence-based design principles
- knowledge of latest planning and design software, including a high level of competency in Revit
- extensive experience of healthcare design and planning experience is required
HKS is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome discussions about flexible working.