HLM Architects is hiring a national bid lead to join one of its five UK studios.
HLM Architects is an AJ100 practice. We are also proud to be listed as one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for 2019, as well as being Highly Commended in this year’s BD Employer of the Year Award.
We have over 180 like-minded people working collaboratively across our studios, bringing their strength, breadth and understanding to create memorable, meaningful places that delight as well as satisfy. A thoughtful design approach to make better places for people underscores all our work, from concept to technical delivery. We create places of education that inspire, healthcare environments that nurture, homes that are part of thriving communities, and infrastructure that is sustainable in its widest sense: environmentally, economically, and socially.
We are currently looking for a National bid lead to join our growing team based out of one of five UK studios in London, Sheffield, Glasgow, Cardiff or Belfast.
You will be comfortable leading a team of senior professionals through the bid process, produce high-quality submissions, write compelling copy, continuously refine our approach through feedback and be prepared to travel when required around our studios.
You will be adept at managing your own time, prioritising tasks and frequently working on multiple projects at any one time. You will have strong communication skills and an excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and to short timescales. Copywriting experience will be required.
You will work closely with our sector leads and team of bid coordinator’s across our Studios to drive our bid strategy and manage our go/no-go process to focus attention on the right opportunities, ensuring responses are created and delivered to an exceptional standard with high success rates.
- lead the bid team to deliver consistently high-quality bids
- regularly monitoring portals and distributing notices to respond to new tenders and opportunities
- manage the bid cycle through the go/no-go process, hosting internal meetings, assisting with reviews and working with external consultants when required
- create and collate information required for bid submissions into a wide variety of graphical formats and write compelling copy
- continuous development of internal best practice
- review all post bid and proposals, proposing and implementing recommendations for improvement
- establish market-leading bid proposal strategies/tools/methodologies that gain buy-in from the business
Skills and experience:
- strategic thinker with excellent written and communications skills
- highly organised, strong eye for detail with graphic capabilities
- ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation and challenge when needed
- ability to work accurately to tight deadlines and use initiative
- positive collaborative behaviours, promoting engagement and knowledge share
- demonstrable complex bid winning and team management experience
- positive, professional, with the ability to thrive in high-pressure situations and environment
- willingness to travel and spend time in each of our regions
- equivalent three years’ experience of working in a similar role
As part of your package in addition to your salary, we also offer an award-winning benefits package, the opportunity for you to develop your career through the HLM Academy – but most importantly a great place to work with a truly flexible and family-oriented culture.
Please submit your CV using the ‘apply’ link below.