HLM is seeking a national marketing and communications manager to join one of its six UK offices.
HLM is an award winning design practice providing architecture, landscape, interior and environmental design services to a diverse international client base. We have 150 passionate people working together as one team, located across six UK studios and two studios in the UAE.
We are looking for an experienced individual to provide leadership and direction to our marketing team, develop strategy and planning to enhance our position in targeted markets and to act as our brand custodian.
This position is a national role, working closely with the directors and our studio and sector leads to support all studios with travelling as required. We are therefore flexible on location.
As part of your package in addition to salary, we offer an award-winning benefits package, the opportunity for you to develop your career through the Academy – but most importantly a great place to work within a passionate and creative environment.
For more details on the role please see below.
Role and responsibilities
Working with the board, as part of the senior management team, to develop and deliver our national and international marketing strategy.
- developing and implementing an annual marketing strategy (inc development of sector specific strategies) to support the long term business goals and managing an annual budget
Team leadership and knowledge management:
- liaising with sponsors, studios and sector leads to understand latest projects and initiatives through regular informal reviews and cross sector forums
- updating, leading and guiding internal marketing team and managing team performance against objectives
- producing monthly progress reports to the board
Profiling and collateral:
- developing specific initiatives to enhance HLM’s position in targeted markets, speaking engagements, events, press and media activities, PR, exhibitions, website and social media
- acting as brand custodian
- project managing all marketing collateral and ensuring libraries are up to date and refreshed
- reviewing and updating content of website, including press updates
- organising and managing photography
- managing copyright of materials
- project managing, overseeing networking, conference events, speaking activities and attendance across the business and monitoring/reviewing effectiveness and follow up
- orchestrating specific exhibition material
- assisting preparation of speaking material on behalf of directors if needed
- setting and monitoring award calendar and project managing entries
- inputting and authoring promotional material and award entries as required
- ensuring exposure is maximised through ranking in published league tables
- producing and maintaining a flow of engaging internal communications to reinforce our culture
- monitoring and evaluating bid results to inform future approach
- maintaining client databases and preferences
- working with external PR agencies and developing objectives
- coordinating and signing-off supply of material/information for press, proof reading as necessary any written material prior to external distribution
- directing requests from journalists to in-house respondent
- establishing and managing strong links with architectural press and publicity
- training staff on handling press as required
- monitoring and managing social media
- marketing degree or equivalent, eight years’ experience in similar role
- strategic and creative thinker with ability to transform ideas into practical reality
- proven track record in developing and implementing marketing strategies in creative services sector/an understanding of architecture desirable
- experience of managing campaigns and events
- strong project management and leadership skills
- experience of representing company at external events
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, good proof reading skills
- relationships/knowledge of key national and international press figures and how the press works
- firm grasp of web based communications, content, development and updating
- competent in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- good graphic eye
Please submit your CV using the ‘apply’ link below.
See other roles available at HLM.
HLM is an equal opportunities employer.