Hoad and More is looking for a product designer to join its Hertfordshire office.
Product designer (SolidWorks)
Our market-leading client, Hoad and More, create lighting – among other things. They build beautiful, innovative, often exceptionally large-scale statement pieces that are the focal point of commercial developments, lobbies, hotels, cruise liners and palaces worldwide. Working with world-leading interior and lighting design companies they produce innovative and memorable bespoke features alongside core customisable products.
Long established and exceptionally successful, they are as passionate about thinking and dreaming as they are about making and implementing. At every step, they ask how a piece adds value to the whole. They use only the best materials they can find, with a deep respect for craft.
Above all, they do and love nothing more than turning a subtle, complex brief into a compelling and sensational reality.
Page Green Recruitment, acting as retained consultants, are managing Hoad and More’s search for a product designer to join the design team in the management, design and development of both core products and one-off installations. This role includes producing concept drawings, liaising with clients and manufacturers and seeing the project through to delivery/installation.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a highly creative working environment, in a role that offers an individual the chance to develop their own skills. We welcome candidates who combine creative thinking with technical precision and common-sense methods.
You will be based in our client’s modern, relaxed open-plan offices in Hertfordshire. Some occasional international travel may be required as, whilst our client’s core market is the UK and Europe, their extensive client list spans four continents.
- you have a master’s or bachelor’s in, industrial design, product design or equivalent
- you can demonstrate a creative flair with a keen eye for quality and design with great attention to detail
- you are able to think creatively but to design and translate technically using SolidWorks CAD software
- you are able to communicate well to a wider team including manufacturers and clients
- you have an interest in materials and manufacturing processes as well as a logical and pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- you can comfortably manage your time and workload in a fast-paced design environment
- experience of working with lighting products will be a distinct advantage
- you have proven experience with SolidWorks and Adobe Creative Suite with a minimum of three years’ working experience in a relevant environment
- the ability to manage a concept through to delivery/installation
- experience of the full design to manufacture process
- knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials, including both traditional and digital manufacturing techniques
- an interest in sourcing and investigating new ways of working
- a practical ability to produce and assemble prototypes in the workshop will be an advantage
- experience of dealing with clients directly and building good working relationships
- experience in sourcing new suppliers (UK and overseas) and establishing working relationships for production and sample runs
- ability to manage project delivery from new and established manufacturers for on-time, on-budget arrival
- design creative, technically accurate and safe solutions
- to own a project and become the responsible point of contact within the design team
- problem-solving for manufacture, prototype and on-site installation scenarios
- exploring new materials and processes
- staying ahead of all projects and keeping in regular contact with clients and the sales team
- translating a concept into manufacture-ready products
- sourcing new suppliers and establishing good working relationships
- working with external suppliers, manufacturers and fabricators
- producing accurate technical drawings for manufacture
- specifying materials, finishing and aesthetic finishes based on cost and the client’s requirements
For the right person, Hoad and More offer a competitive salary package and the opportunity to fulfil your potential and continue to develop your career within an exciting, creative working environment with a friendly, inclusive and professional team of people.
How to apply
Page Green Recruitment are managing this recruitment search exclusively on behalf of our client and applicants should please send their CV and a short portfolio to us using the ‘apply’ link below. Please note that applications sent directly to our client will not be shortlisted.