Holland Harvey Architects is seeking a project architect to join its growing studio in London.
Holland Harvey Architects has an opening for an experienced project architect with experience in hospitality and five years post-Part 3 to join its London team.
We create extraordinary places that form the setting for everyday life.
Our company was founded on the belief that architecture should make a positive social and environmental impact.
Our approach is ethical, playful and pragmatic – we pursue quality and authenticity, designing with narrative to ensure that our work tells a story.
Our clients are aspirational and believe in design to strengthen their brand and achieve their goals. Our strength is understanding the nature of their business and tailoring our process to meet their needs.
We strive to provide an experience that is engaging, and enjoyable and allows informed decisions to be made.
We are looking for a talented, motivated and creative project architect, to join our fantastic team.
- offer you the opportunity to guide the conceptual and detailed design of projects in exciting locations both in the UK and internationally
- facilitate the development of your career as part of a growing design studio
- provide a creative, friendly and energetic working environment
At Holland Harvey our culture is centred on the people and our community, we understand the need for a good work-life-balance, and with this in mind offer the following benefits:
- working from home policy – work from home for as many days per week as you like except for Mondays
- working away from home policy – opportunity to work away from home, including abroad
- flexible start and finish times (core hours 10am to 4pm)
- summer hours allowing staff to finish early on a Friday (during month of August)
- closed during Christmas period
- bike2work scheme (eligible after probation period)
- techscheme – opportunity to buy tech getting a 3 per cent to 13 per cent discount and spread costs over 12 months
- sabbatical leave as a reward for long service
- studio lunch every other Friday to enjoy each others company and catch up (cooked by members of the studio and subsidised by holland harvey)
- annual trip to a European city, annual summer day outing and many more social events
- RIBA pension scheme
- opportunity to be involved in mentorship through RIBA ambassadors
- develop and manage the conceptual and detailed design of our retail projects
- produce drawings and 3D visualisations to capture and communicate the design intent
- participate in regular design workshops with clients
- undertake the production of information for tender purposes and play an active role in negotiations with contractors
- source and specify furniture and finishes
- work alongside suppliers, fabricators and manufacturers to procure specialist items
- work closely with other consultants to coordinate pre-construction information
- undertake regular site visits during construction
Candidates must be confident, independent and share our passion for delivering original projects.
Holland Harvey limited is committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Proficiency in Vectorworks, Affinity, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is required. SketchUp, Rhino and V-Ray skills are an advantage.
Please submit CVs and samples of work, no larger than 5MB, using the apply for job button below.
We regret that due to the large volume of applications we can only respond to successful candidates.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom