Holland Harvey Architects is looking for a bid and communications manager to join its team in London.
Working closely with the directors and communications team, the bid manager will be responsible for preparing, coordinating and producing high quality bid material, tenders and fee proposals.
The bid manager will implement and execute bid procedures and processes, identify opportunities for submissions that align with the practice’s goals, objectives and values, raising them with the directors to consider as part of the wider business development strategy.
Responsibilities also include working closely with the communications team to ensure messaging is aligned and will have some involvement in preparing marketing literature.
This role requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It requires strong people management and commercial skills.
- responding to RFPs and ITTs
- producing and managing bids and tenders throughout the process to the highest standard, including collating feedback and reporting to directors and associates
- working with the directors to plan, coordinate and produce client presentations required as part of the bid submission
- undertake ongoing industry review to identify new clients and opportunities through media outlets
- monitor tender portals, OJEU notices and other sources of bid opportunities
- assist in reviewing the commercial aspects of bids
- ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines and on-time submission of compliant and commercially viable bids
- working with directors on a clear strategy for each bid and ensure these are clear and compelling
- research and analysis of clients and bid documents to allow the successful interpretation of the brief to form the basis of the submission
- attending bid meetings with founding directors, ensuring minutes and lessons learned are fed back and implemented
- preparing high-quality written and visual content for awards, press and website
- managing and maintaining the CRM platform
- maintaining a library of resources and information to support bids and marketing activities that includes images, photography, films, project information and CVs
- assisting in the organisation of practice events, to cultivate relationships with clients and contacts and support new business initiatives
- identifying and assisting in preparing for architectural conferences, working closely with the senior team to outline key targets, helping set up meetings and assist in the creation of high-quality events
- experience and understanding of the architectural bid management process
- experience and understanding of writing architectural fee proposals with a commercial awareness
- strong design and curatorial sense
- excellent written and oral communications skills
- meticulous, thorough, well-organised and able to work effectively under pressure
- ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritising tasks
- advanced knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Affinity
- proven ability in delivering winning opportunities, ideally has a background in and experience of bid management from opportunity identification through to delivery
- provide valuable input into value proposition development, opportunity qualification, win strategy, commercial discussions and solution delivery
- must be an excellent communicator and comfortable working at director level (internal and external customer)
- will be knowledgeable with the competitive marketplace
- sound commercial understanding coupled with risk management skills
- has the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities
- offer you the opportunity to guide the conceptual and detailed design of projects in exciting locations both in the UK and internationally
- facilitate the development of your career as part of a growing design studio
provide a creative, friendly and energetic working environment
At Holland Harvey, our culture is centred on the people and our community. We understand the need for a good work-life balance and with this in mind offer the following benefits:
- working from home policy – work from home for as many days per week as you like except for Mondays
- working away from home policy – opportunity to work away from home, including abroad
- flexible start and finish times (core hours 10 am to 4 pm)
- summer hours allowing staff to finish early on a Friday during month of August
- closed during Christmas period
- bike2work scheme (eligible after probation period)
- techscheme – opportunity to buy tech getting a 3 to 13 per cent discount and spread costs over 12 months
- sabbatical leave as a reward for long service
- studio lunch every other Friday to enjoy each others company and catch up (cooked by members of the studio and subsidised by holland harvey)
- annual trip to a European city, annual summer day outing and many more social events
- RIBA pension scheme
- opportunity to be involved in mentorship through RIBA ambassadors
Holland Harvey is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Reporting line: associate (operations) and founding directors
Contract: permanent, full-time
Please apply via the apply for job button below.