HollandGreen is hiring an associate architect/studio lead to join its practice in Oxfordshire, UK.
HollandGreen is a leading multidisciplinary high-end residential architectural practice covering architecture, interior design and landscape design. Our projects range from striking contemporary new builds to listed and heritage restoration and extension projects with budgets ranging from £500k to £5M.
We are currently looking to recruit an exceptional and ambitious associate level architect to take on the progressing and key role of studio lead/design lead within our Oxfordshire studio during this exciting period of growth.
You will be working with the partners to lead and develop a talented and passionate team of architects and technologists who are pushing the boundaries of design and use of new design technologies.
Responsibilities and duties
The studio lead’s responsibilities and duties cover but are not limited to:
- mentoring, supporting and developing the HollandGreen team in all areas
- gaining, and retaining, the respect and support of the team to ensure a united, productive and happy work environment
- encouraging a commercial mindset and efficiency across the studio
- covering all partner responsibilities when partners are not present in office (in meetings/holidays etc.)
- covering management meetings and team meetings when partners are not present
- taking ownership of individual, and team, profitability
- ensuring the team are following the process while continually looking for improvement and efficiencies
- arranging and organising the workload of all staff (delegation of projects)
- carrying out regular (monthly/quarterly) reviews of the overall project
- assisting with business development strategies
- involved in recruiting and interviewing of new staff as well as their inductions
- being involved in home consultations and feasibility meetings as required
- reporting monthly to partners on team progress, profitability, areas of concern, area of development including recommendations
- delivering an exceptional client experience
Desired qualifications and qualities:
- RIBA/ARB registration
- relevant design experience
- a responsible attitude
- ability to prioritise work and plan
- strong time management skills
- commercial outlook with a profit-focused mindset
- a passion for people and processes
- excellent understanding of the architectural process through all stages
- excellent communication and project management skills
- strong leadership and decision-making skills
- ability to foster collaborative working
- UK driving license
This is a highly progressive role that will offer the right candidate the chance to become a vital part of the management team within HollandGreen offering exceptional long-term career potential.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.