HollandGreen is seeking a mid-weight residential interior designer to join its team in Oxfordshire, UK.
This role is based from our studio in Thame, Oxfordshire.
Due to recent exciting growth, we are looking for a mid-weight interior designer to join our team and assist in the lead of projects from design concept to completion.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an all-round designer with a proven background of working in the high-end residential sector. You will be expected to assist and lead projects from initial concept through to final installation, working for and with our creative lead and director.
Alongside our architectural and landscape design divisions, the HollandGreen interiors studio has grown from strength to strength and has developed an incredible portfolio of luxury, high-end projects in the UK. We are now looking for an energetic and self-motivated interior designer who will relish the challenge to be part of this team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on some exceptional projects, and will be supported to grow and develop within the company as they help build the profile and brand that is HollandGreen.
Job context and dimensions
The tasks and responsibilities of this position are:
- liaise with clients – from taking a project brief, understanding project objectives, discussing design concepts and specifications and participating in site visits
- produce technical drawings and packages in AutoCAD/ArchiCAD/SketchUp
- design and develop presentations
- end-to-end project management of residential projects
- liaise with suppliers, subcontractors and building teams
- FF&E sourcing, specification, procurement and installation
- maintain and grow relationships with existing and new suppliers
- visit and oversee works on-site
Skills and qualifications:
- at least three plus years’ experience in high-end, residential interior design work in the UK including running your own projects
- experience in SketchUp, CAD, InDesign and MS Office
- excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- strong FF&E knowledge and procurement experience are essential
- enthusiasm and confidence to lead projects
- attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy
- an ability to manage your own time and work to tight deadlines are key requirements for this position
- educated to degree level
- great communication skills and able to build strong work relationships, internally and externally
- excellent proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- enthusiastic, friendly and highly-motivated
- UK driving licence
In return we will offer:
- a friendly and supportive working environment in our Thame Studio Oxfordshire alongside some home working
- a flexible approach to HR, with trust-based flexible working hours driven by allocated tasks and milestones. This is delivered by self-imposed priorities and disciplined time management by individuals
- company bonus scheme
- CPDs, in-house training and contribution to personal training and development
- opportunity for role development
- company pension
- employee assistance programme and other well-being benefits
HollandGreen is an equal opportunities employer.