Holloway Li is looking for a full-time office manager to join its team in London.
Holloway Li is a boutique design firm specialising in hospitality interiors and private residential architecture.
The office is three years’ old, and has grown rapidly in the last year to a ten-person team of design staff and we are looking to appoint our first administrative staff to assist with the day-to-day management of the office and to assist with the development of the business so we can continue on the path of sustainable, well-managed growth, whilst maintaining the high quality of our output.
We see this role as 50% office management, 50% business development.
We are looking for a positive team player with experience of working and managing others.
- manage the daily operations of the studio so it is an enjoyable and fun place to work for the team
- assist directors with business development strategy and implementation with the objective of sustainable and steady business growth
- personal assistance to the directors
- control of company diary/calendar/accounts
Office management roles and responsibilities:
- ensure that the studio is maintained in good working order at all times, keeping areas tidy, fixing problems efficiently and ordering supplies when required
- oversee health and safety, fire regulations, cleaning and security
- regulatory governance and compliance – inc. RIBA/organise office CPD programme
- HR responsibilities role (preparing and filing contracts for new employees) – preparation and management of review forms – 360 review process (using our specialist software). Coordination with our external HR consultant
- monthly payroll and paying consultants/fees (coordinate with our accountants)
- recruitment and advertising (posting job adverts)
- office internal events and team building
- monthly invoicing to clients (preparation, submission of accounts, follow-up of late/non-payment)
- management of project-specific cashflow sheets and resourcing schedules (using our specialist software)
- bookkeeping (prepare quartile VAT submissions to our accountant) – Xero software – chase up receipts for company card account payments, improving procedures and budgetary reporting
- liaise with IT support over problems/troubleshooting
- assist looking for new/alternative office premises
- subscriptions and renewals – magazines etc
- assist directors with admin (eg. travel bookings, diary management, expense management etc.)
Business development roles and responsibilities:
- developing new business relationships
- managing existing relationships – CRM
- maintain client and potential client deck/spreadsheet, arrange regular meetings and nudges to prospective contacts
- identify conferences and events of benefit to the office – attend in person or arrange for attendance fo directors
- develop business plan/strategy/direction – assist directors – business case creation
- fortnightly strategy briefing/workshops with directors
- PR and press releases (liaise with external PR company) – develop strategy
- marketing strategy (inc. updating of marketing brochures and materials/website) upkeep collateral
- social media output and communications
- developing strategic brand partnerships with complementary organisations and companies
- strategy for developing our business offering (and diversifying our offering)
- develop program of office client events/hosting
- fielding/prioritising of incoming enquiries
- prepare fee bidding/tendering documentation
- organising photoshoots for finished projects
- resource managing and forecasting
- scope management on projects
- increase exposure for hard and soft marketing
Qualities and skills required:
- keen interest in design/hospitality industry
- minimum two years of experience in a similar creative business
- highly organised, excellent time-management
- work hard/play hard
- helpful, supportive, fun
- IT savvy
- expert use of MS Excel and Adobe InDesign and Apple Mail
- comfortable carrying out a range of tasks
Salary: £30-40k – based on experience
Please submit your CV and cover letter using the ‘apply’ link below.
Strictly no agencies.