Holmes Miller is looking for an architectural designer to join its practice in Guangzhou, China.
Holmes Miller seeks applications from talented, enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to join our Guangzhou studio.
Position: architectural designer
Job location: Guangzhou, China
Work type: major projects
Candidates must be able to work independently and have professional experience in completing extremely high quality work.
Candidates will collaborate with consultants and LDI (Local Design Institution) to produce comprehensive design packages through intensive coordination work, with transparent and good communication.
Strong design ability, partnered with good drawing and presentation skills are essential. Candidates should be able to display a good understanding of architectural technologies, and of working at a variety of project scales. The designers skills need to meet all Chinese and western standards.
Candidates should have:
- a minimum of two years’ professional experience
- very strong conceptual graphic design ability
- good presentation skills , with strong drawing talent
- demonstrate general knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies and building codes
- proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, word processing and spreadsheet programmes
The architectural designer role involves:
- working on defined segments of a project, after initial and periodic interaction with an assigned supervisor and responsibility for organising their personal work
- a thorough understanding of project design philosophies, inputting to the development of design strategies
- developing creative/innovative solutions to assigned tasks, including research and documentation for these solutions
- contributing to team effort through the spirit of cooperation
- demonstrating detailed knowledge of local office standards, policies and procedures
- contributing to detailed preparation of design/construction documents, integrating work with other project team members
- performing material/building systems research, preparing and coordinating
We offer excellent working conditions, with a salary negotiable commensurate with experience (salary expectations to be discussed at interview). There is a real opportunity for career advancement for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this post then please submit an up-to-date CV with examples of your work, with contact details using the ‘apply’ link below.
Application deadline: Friday 21 September 2018
Holmes Miller is an equal opportunities employer, we recruit in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.