House by Urban Splash is seeking a director of architecture to join its team in Manchester.
House is a new kind of modern housebuilder established by pioneering developers Urban Splash.
We’re looking for a visionary director of architecture to help us explore new ways to live well by design.
House was established by regeneration and placemaking experts Urban Splash, and is now a partnership with Sekisui House (the world’s largest housebuilder and one of the world’s most sustainable companies) and Homes England (the government’s housing accelerator). Our ambitious plans for growth have seen us undertake new sites across the country, and expand our portfolio of products created using MMC.
Design is at the heart of our business; we believe it has the power to transform places and improve lives. Through modern design and construction, we can deliver sustainable homes for the way people live now, homes that are light spacious, efficient, customisable and green by default.
A director of architecture is required to oversee design. This ambitious individual will be at the forefront of their industry, with creative ideas and a passion to help us raise the bar for housing in the UK.
The successful candidate will report to Jonathan Falkingham MBE, our creative director, co-founder and architect, and will work alongside our product director, placemaking director, and the director of future (our innovation hub) to develop and deliver great homes in great neighbourhoods.
The role will include:
- working with and managing key relationships with external designers including Glenn Howells Architects, Proctor and Matthews, George Clarke, Fielden Clegg Bradley, Metroplitan Workshop, shedkm, Grant Associates, plan-it and more
- working alongside the land director and placemaking director on bids for new neighbourhoods
- assisting the placemaking director and director of planning to design and submit masterplans
- working closely with our product director on existing products and helping to develop our future product range
- project delivery in collaboration with the house factory and our delivery director
- reporting to the monthly operating board
Live well by designTM
Live well by design is our combined commitment to design, wellbeing, choice and sustainability.
When we talk about live well by design it’s not about designer trims and trappings, but about design with real intent. It’s about design as a means to an end not an end in itself. A commitment to design means working with leading architects to design homes and neighbourhoods that are exemplars not replicas, that work for people and that they can make their own. And by happy coincidence design with true purpose is truly beautiful.
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ button below.