House of Grey is hiring a senior interior designer to join its team in London.
At House of Grey, we believe that in our individual roles we should work as a team, ever adapting to changing situations and carving out our creative roles within the studio, bringing a sense of contentment to all aspect of work life.
We are an innovative interior design studio and are proud to be cultural thinkers, setting us apart from other studios. We inspire a thought process that is at the forefront of our practice, to implement change in our industry by pushing the boundaries of holistic and sustainable design.
We are seeking a like-minded senior interior designer to nurture and evolve our residential and commercial interior design projects with a sensitive understanding of the House of Grey aesthetic and under the creative supervision of House of Grey director, Louisa Grey.
The candidate must have at least five years of experience in a senior interior designer role. At the moment this as a full-time freelance position with the strong potential to develop into a permeant role for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- an experienced, dynamic senior interior designer who will bring integrity to the position and who has a genuine passion for our philosophy and design work at House of Grey
- this role would suit a person with proficient organisational skills to implement and drive the high-end interior design business forward whilst leading a small team
- a laterally thinking person to find solutions within projects
- detail orientated in daily and interior design oriented tasks
- experienced in working both independently and within a team to develop a concept from initial stages to final delivery
- interested in innovating in sustainable, interior conscious choices with a clear understanding of our studio aesthetics
- proactive in developing new business opportunities, sourcing innovative suppliers and building on our sustainable materials library
- a candidate that is wellbeing certified would be optimal
Jobs and responsibilities:
- prepare design development presentations and documentation
- technical design knowledge for interior design / architectural elements, and joinery
- sourcing FF&E
- managing the project from the initial stages until completion, including client presentations, budgets, and procurement
- well presented, professional, calm and is confident to delegate kindly to others under pressure and to clients
- excellent time-management and follow-up skills
- professional phone manner and email drafting skills
- independent attitude
Skills and qualifications:
- degree or equivalent in interior design
- proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Softwares (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator), Estimac and SketchUp
- strong hand-drawing skills
- experienced in producing technical drawing packages to include RCP and M+E plans, tender and joinery packages
- strong skills in bespoke furniture and product design
- strong concept skills
- experience working on all stages of a project from concept through to completion
- experience working on projects in the high-end market within residential interiors
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.