HTA Design has an opening for a senior planner to join its team in London.
HTA Design is an award-winning multi-disciplinary design partnership of specialist teams working collaboratively in architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, interior design, graphic design and communications, sustainability and planning. Our focus is on creating great residential places – we have a 50-year track record of the design and delivery of better housing.
The senior planner will provide accurate and professional planning advice and services to internal HTA project teams and a range of public and private sector clients in relation to strategic planning policy matters, planning applications, planning queries, planning appeals and the discharge of planning conditions. The senior planner is expected to actively market HTA’s planning service and play a role in growing the project portfolio of the team.
To be considered, the successful candidate will have:
- undergraduate and/or postgraduate qualification in town and regional planning
- extensive, proven post-graduate experience in a professional planning capacity
- experience of providing input to and delivery of complex planning projects
- strong verbal and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships with colleagues and clients
- excellent leadership skills
- strong presentation skills
- strong organisational skills and ability to manage time effectively, prioritise, manage multiple projects and deliver to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a calm disposition under pressure
- excellent attention to detail, consistency and accuracy and a proven track record of delivering projects to a high standard
- understanding of UK planning process and procedures
- housing, regeneration and design expertise
- basic qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- knowledge of community engagement techniques would be beneficial
- strong IT skills, with a good grasp of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word and Excel are essential) and Adobe Suite
Please visit our website to apply for the full job description and person specification and for instructions on how to apply.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 8 November 2019
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HTA is an equal opportunities employer.