HTA Design has an opportunity for a senior urban designer to join its team in London.
HTA Design is an award-winning multidisciplinary design partnership of specialist teams working collaboratively in architecture, landscape architecture, communications, sustainability and planning
This role is ideal for those who have a keen interest in both regeneration and urban/suburban residential master planning, which are the main specialisms of the team. Your experience will be evident within your portfolio. You will share our passion and enthusiasm to create better places and will build upon your knowledge of the practice of urban design services, products and outputs. The post-holder will be responsible for contributing to the design of places from concept through to planning and beyond. A large part of the daily tasks will revolve around site analysis and the production of high quality planning documents such as design and access statements, design codes and parameter plans.
To be considered, the successful candidate will have:
- MA in urban design or equivalent subject (architectural background preferred)
- minimum of five year’s UK based post qualification experience working on medium to large-scale urban or suburban housing design and master planning projects
- excellent knowledge of urban design best practice and UK planning policy
- demonstrable workplace experience of survey and analysis of sites, preparation of base plans and supporting material required for urban design and master planning work is essential
- exposure to public and private sector planning and urban design
- a passion for housing and creating better places
- strong project management skills
- excellent presentation and graphics skills, with the ability to create good quality illustrated, print-ready reports related to our projects
- strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships
- excellent attention to detail with the ability to apply creative thought and energy to a range of projects
- strong organisation skills and the ability to manage time well and meet project deadlines
- strong software knowledge and skills – AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud (including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and MS Office required
If you have what we are looking for and want a role with excellent career development opportunities and a supportive environment, then why not apply?
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 13 March 2020
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
HTA is an equal opportunities employer.