HTA Design is hiring a senior sustainability consultant to join its team in London.
HTA is recognised as a leading sustainability consultant within the industry, winning Sustainability Architect in 2020 and Net Zero Architect in 2022 at the BD Architect of the Year Awards, as well as being established as one of the best places to work and winning Employer of the Year at the 2018, 2022 and 2023 AJ100 Awards. With over 15 years experience, we provide knowledgeable advice to our clients on residential-led projects across the UK, from low-rise urban extensions to the tallest residential modular projects in the world. HTA is committed to becoming a net zero business and applies the RIBA 2030 Climate Challenge to all our projects. Our new offices in Hackney Wick, London are a demonstration of our commitment to sustainable design in a reused building with a large PV array, recycled materials and natural ventilation.
We are working with some of the most ambitious and aspirational developers in the sector today. A fantastic opportunity exists within our sustainable futures team for an experienced sustainability consultant. You will be driving forward the sustainability agenda which is a core purpose of our organisation. You will work in an interdisciplinary environment to deliver great sustainable places, with a strong existing team. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a wide range of specialisms, manage other consultants and help to grow our team. We aim to drive more sustainable outcomes from the beginning to post-occupancy evaluation, offering wide career growth potential. HTA has an award-winning external profile, with regular engagement in thought leadership across like-minded clients, practices, collaborators and institutes.
To be considered as a senior sustainability consultant, the successful candidate will have:
- an appropriate degree in sustainability, environmental, building services/engineering, geo-environmental discipline or other related discipline
- five plus years of working in the residential construction industry and expertise in residential design and the sustainable design of buildings and places
- three to five plus years experience in effectively managing, supporting and developing a team to deliver high-quality sustainability services
- an understanding of current and proposed legislation and industry best practice with regard to sustainability, energy and carbon management
- strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with clients and other members of the business and to articulate the sustainability, energy and carbon services in a confident and professional manner
- a good knowledge of UK planning and construction, with strong written skills, including experience of preparing sustainability reports for planning applications
- a good knowledge of UK regulations for energy and CO2 emissions is essential
- BREEAM, LEED or Home Quality Mark assessor qualifications
- accredited energy assessor and/or experience of using energy modelling software eg. SAP
If you have what we are looking for and want a role with excellent career development opportunities and a supportive environment, then why not apply.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Tuesday 17 October 2023