HUB Architects and Designers is seeking a Part 1 architectural assistant to join its studio in London.
HUB Architects and Designers are a growing practice founded 13 years ago. Based in northwest London and soon to be in the Midlands, we specialise in high-end residential, educational and mixed-use projects in London, the home counties and the west Midlands. HUB have a broad experience of architecture and design, with extensive knowledge of historic and contemporary forms of construction.
We are now recruiting for a highly motivated and talented Part 1 assistant, to join our team in Queens Park office, NW6.
At HUB we have been lucky enough to develop a core team that understands our ethos and have the experience, skill and talent to help us deliver the projects that we are involved in. Thanks to our workload and the size of the practice we can offer candidates an opportunity to experience a wide variety of job stages, giving our Part 1 assistants a great start towards their RIBA Part 2 and a sound basis to progress their career with us.
- we are looking for a highly-motivated candidate who can demonstrate initiative and motivation
- you will be articulate with an ability to think responsively and clearly
- You will have good skills in drafting and visualisation programmes
- proficiency in Vectorworks
- you are experienced in using Adobe Creative Suite and have 3D-modelling experience using SketchUp
- your standards of accuracy, presentation and communication with internal teams and external clients are very high
What we offer:
- a competitive salary
- as an office, we offer regular CPD’s and are committed to the well-being, health and development of our staff
- we encourage attendance of lectures and exhibitions
We would support Part 2 training with the following:
- a structured programme under the guidance of project architect with a six month and one year review with partners and bi-weekly review with project architect
- the opportunity for successful applicants to work on all RIBA Stages 1-8
- wherever possible, the candidate will be involved with a single project to ensure a complete picture, any gaps in the programme will be filled by working on other projects, where additional assistance is required.
We aim to involve you with the following…
RIBA Stage 1:
- setting up programmes
- liaising with other consultants for quotes and establish contractual tree and assist with setting up a database for the project design team and a project execution plan
RIBA Stage 2:
- assist with early concept and feasibility design with opportunity to look at planning policy context
- assist with writing short reports
- arranging measured surveys and attending site to record existing location and condition
- arrange quotes and set up any other reports required.
- prepare planning applications including drafting up architectural proposals and follow up
RIBA Stage 3:
- assist with design, illustration and drafting of developed design
- work alongside project architect attending design team meetings, writing minutes if required
- assist with preparing strategy reports; sustainability, handover and risk assessment tables
RIBA Stage 4:
- prepare working drawing packages integrating information from other consultants
- prepare and collate information for building regulations applications
- prepare information for pre-construction meetings, attend meetings with the project architect and write minutes
RIBA Stage 5:
- prepare as-built drawings
- attend site for progress meetings with the project architect and write minutes
- assist with the preparation of architects Instruction’s and valuations for smaller projects
RIBA Stage 6:
- alongside project architect, attend site to carry out snagging and write report
- assemble information for handover and O&M
Salary dependent on experience.
No agencies or phone applications please.
Due to the high volume of expected responses, only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please state which position you are applying for and submit your current CV and A4 format portfolio of recent work (max. size 5MB) using the ‘apply’ link below.