Hull Studio is looking for an design student/graduate to join the team in London for a three months internship.
There is a possibility to extend the duration and join the team on a permanent basis for the right candidate. Hull Studio is a multidisciplinary design studio with the ethos that lies in exploring the relationship between traditional craftsmanship, modern technology and organic design. Our work includes private commissions for superyacht and luxury residential sectors and limited edition art pieces.
What we are looking for:
A highly motivated, bright and talented individual comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment, with a keen interest in high end interiors and furniture sector and bespoke design to assist us with a variety of live projects. You will get a chance to get hands-on experience and be involved with many different aspects of a project from conception to completion.
- have or is working towards a degree in furniture design or equivalent proficiency in 2D and 3D software.
- experience in Rhino and AutoCAD is hugely advantageous
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; proficiency in Photoshop is a must
- good hand sketching skills
- good use of initiative, a proactive attitude and a keen eye for aesthetics and details
You will have the opportunity to:
- take part in a number of live superyacht and high end residential projects
- be part of the team in charge with the development of various pieces ranging from furniture to textured artworks and panelling
- assist designers and be involved with a broad range of tasks to give you a variety of experience
- learn the entire creative process such as concept creation through to design development and implementation using a combination of hand, 2D and 3D skills
- have an insight into the manufacturing and craft workshops, learn about materials, techniques and high-end furniture construction principles
- learn about practical aspects of running a design studio, such as managing the sampling of new items, the materials library and their storage within the studio
- work in a central location in Bermondsey
This is an office-based role/internship with three to six months duration to be agreed on.
Starting date: 11 December
Please apply via the apply for job button below with your CV and digital portfolio link/pdf by 1 of December.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Please also include a cover letter explaining what you would hope to get out the internship and any particular areas that you are interested in or would like to get more experience in. We will strive to make this internship as valuable for you as possible and help you to achieve your professional goals.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regretfully will only respond to candidates selected for interview.
This is a paid intern position.