Hull Studio is seeking a project manager in furniture and interior design to join its practice in London.
A furniture and interior design studio is looking for a highly experienced project manager with background in high-end residential and superyacht interiors to join our dynamic growing team. Hull Studio is a furniture studio with the ethos that lies in exploring the relationship between traditional craftsmanship, modern technology and organic design. Our work includes bespoke furniture and decorative panelling for the top superyacht and luxury residential projects.
About the role
The project manager will be responsible for planning and successful implementation of the ambitious bespoke interior projects from the design through to technical drawing, manufacture and installation stages, working closely with our team of designers, technical draftsmen, suppliers and manufacturing workshops, as well as liaising directly with the clients.
Applicants must have previous experience with managing production and on-site installation within the luxury interiors sector. Also essential is the previous experience with high-end cabinetmaking and familiarity with most up-to-date construction methods and materials for marine, high end residential and hospitality environments.
The role will be based in our studio in Bermondsey, but involves frequent travel to the production and installation sites both in UK and internationally. No project is the same and you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects including world’s largest superyachts, high-profile residential and commercial interiors across the globe and major design and art shows. Flexible working hours are possible.
- proven track record of managing high-end interior projects in the fast-paced environment
- strong problem-solving skills
- flexibility and ability to adapt to the ever-changing nature of the bespoke projects
- ability to stay calm and organised under pressure, managing multiple streams of work at once, to a consistently high standard even to tight deadlines
- experience within furniture and high-end cabinetmaking sectors
- proficiency with AutoCAD and Rhino
- ability to develop engineering solutions
- ability to assess design viability, working together with the designers and production
- passion for creativity and utmost quality
- can do attitude, openness to experimentation
- excellent verbal and written communication with a strong attention to detail
- assuming responsibility for the successful implementation of the bespoke furniture and interior projects from the design through production and installation stages
- budgeting and scheduling responsibility and day-to-day control
- liaising with clients, designers, technical draftsmen, suppliers and contractors at all stages
- ensure smooth and timely flow of information between all parties, generating project documentation; leading the projects meetings
- review the design concepts and propose the production solutions
- instigate, oversee and check all technical drawings
- brief the manufacturers on the new projects, obtain quotes, place orders
- regular travel to the workshops in UK and abroad to check the production progress
- quality control
- regular travel to the site fits on superyahcts and land-based projects internationally
- research new techniques and source new suppliers and materials
- visiting trade and industry events and shows
Please note that due to the high number of applications we are only able to reply to the shortlisted candidates.