Hull Studio is looking for a studio manager/junior project manager to join its team in London, UK.
Hull Studio is a furniture design studio with the ethos that lies in exploring the relationship between traditional craftsmanship, modern technology and organic design. Our work includes limited edition furniture and one-off art pieces, as well as bespoke private commissions for superyacht and luxury residential sectors, and interior projects.
About the role:
The studio manager will work closely with the directors, ensuring the smooth running of the design practice, acting as the first point of contact for the clients, managing administrative side of the design projects, and liaising with suppliers and subcontractors. There will also be an opportunity to take on complete project management of the selected creative projects.
The right candidate must be flexible and proactive at problem-solving, have meticulous attention to detail and excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, as well as the ability to work on multiple projects, seeing each through to completion. In addition, you will have excellent communication skills to manage key relationships with customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
As a key member of our team, you will have an opportunity to be part of some incredible high-profile superyacht and international residential projects, as well as major design/art exhibitions. You will also learn about the design and various production methods from traditional cabinetmaking to high-tech composite manufacturing.
We are a very busy and fast-growing studio, and there is a real opportunity to make a difference and grow with the company. If interested, the right candidate has the potential to develop into a full-time project manager. Our studio is located in the vibrant Bermondsey area of London. Flexible working hours can be discussed.
Required skills & qualities:
- previous experience in an administrative or project management role, preferably within a creative industry
- highly organised with strong prioritisation skills
- meticulous attention to detail
- positive and pro-active attitude
- self-driven, strong use of initiative and problem-solving skills
- fast learner
- ability to work flexibly within a small team
- staying calm and organised under pressure, managing multiple streams of work at once, to a consistently high standard
- financial awareness, ability to manage the budget
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- proficiency with Microsoft Office
- knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign is an advantage
- knowledge of AutoCad is an advantage
- keen interest in creative sector, luxury market and high-end design/art
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- manage day-to-day smooth running of the design practice
- act as the first point of contact with the studio: answer phone calls, prepare meetings, greet clients
- PA support to directors
- manage website and mailing list activities
- general studio administration, management of health and safety, managing office supplies, equipment and post
- keep office presentable at all times, order stationery and supplies
- IT management; including troubleshooting, liaison with external IT support, keeping software licenses and subscriptions up-to-date, managing printers and printer supplies and maintenance contracts
- digital filing and folder management – Dropbox
- assist with marketing and business development activities
- manage administrative side of the design projects
- take meeting notes and prepare meeting reports and agendas
- organise logistics and travel
- source products from global suppliers and obtain physical samples for clients
- manage the samples library
- research and source new materials and suppliers
- develop and manage the relationships with existing suppliers
- assist with the day-to-day project management tasks
- take on the lead in managing selected creative projects
Please apply by email to email@example.com with your CV.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a test assignment, followed by a face-to-face interview. Due to the high number of applications we are only able to reply to the shortlisted candidates.