IF_DO is looking for an architect with up to three year post Part 3 experience to join its team in London.
Established in 2014, IF_DO is dedicated to creating projects with a positive impact on users, the environment and the surrounding community. The practice was named as one of the Architects Journal’s 40 under 40 in December 2020.
The position requires a talented designer with the ability, skills and motivation to act as an independent job-running architect, overseeing an assistant as required. It will require the ability to successfully coordinate and engage with the design team, communicate ideas to a variety of audiences and resolve technical and construction challenges. The successful candidate will be a motivated design-led architect (with some technical design expertise) who can deliver high-quality projects.
Required skills and experience:
- RIBA Part 3 or equivalent qualification
- up to three years post-Part 3 experience and be ARB registered
- strong design and detailing skills
- strong visual communication skills
- experience across all RIBA work stages, working in the UK
- ideally have expertise/experience in RIBA stages 4 and 5 including experience in running projects on site and acting as contract administrator under JCT contracts
- experience of UK regulatory framework including building regulations and CDM
- experience of procurement processes
- project management skills
- experience working effectively with clients and consultant teams
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- proficiency in Vectorworks preferred
- effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- good communication and presentation skills
- excellent time management, organisation, planning and attention to detail
- ability to multitask while working under pressure
- ability to think creatively and problem solve through design
- professional and ‘can-do’ attitude
How to apply
The application should include:
- a brief cover letter/email setting out the reason why you want to work at IF_DO
- your CV
- a sample portfolio as a PDF attachment
- confirmation that you have completed the IF_DO diversity monitoring form here
Applications can be made via the apply for job button below with the email subject ‘application – architect’.
Attachments should not exceed 10 MB. We do not accept applications by post. Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to start immediately.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience.
IF_DO is an equal opportunities employer.
We are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates and actively encourage applications from women and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented throughout the construction industry.