IF_DO is looking for an experienced architect to join their team in London.
Established in 2014, IF_DO is dedicated to creating projects with a positive impact on users, the environment and the surrounding community. IF_DO was named by Wallpaper* Magazine as one of the world’s top 20 emerging practices in their Architects’ Directory 2017. The practice was named Breakthrough Talent of the Year at the 2018 FX Design Awards, and Young Architect of the Year by the American Institute of Architects UK in the same year.
We are keen to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates, and actively encourage applications from women and people from black, asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, as these groups are currently under-represented throughout the building industry. If you do not meet all the listed criteria below, but feel that you could be a good fit for the practice, then please still apply.
The position requires a talented designer with the ability, skills & motivation to act as an independent job-running architect, overseeing an assistant or small team. It will require the ability to successfully coordinate and engage with the design team, communicate ideas to a variety of audiences, and resolve technical and construction challenges. The successful candidate will be a design-led motivated architect that can deliver high-quality projects.
The role will (at the outset) involve work on two significant community projects from RIBA Stage 4, and as such significant experience of the later RIBA Stages – detailed design and through to taking a project on to site – is essential.
Required skills and experience:
- RIBA part 3 (or equivalent qualification)
- three to five years post-Part 3 experience and be ARB registered
- very strong design and detailing skills
- strong visualisation skills – preferably using Sketch-Up, Rhino V-Ray, and Photoshop
- experience across all RIBA work stages (particularly working at RIBA Stages 4 and 5 in the UK)
- experience working effectively with clients and consultant teams
- technical expertise (including complex coordination) and knowledge of current construction methods
- experience of UK regulatory framework including building regulations, and CDM
- experience of procurement processes
- strong project management skills
- experience in managing a small team
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- proficiency in Vectorworks would be a bonus
- effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team
- good communication and presentation skills
- excellent time management, organisation, planning and attention to detail
- ability to multitask while working under pressure
- ability to think creatively and problem-solve through design
- professional and ‘can-do’ attitude
Remuneration is dependent upon experience.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to start immediately (August 2020) if possible.
IF_DO is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply:
The application should include:
- a completed application form which can be downloaded here
- a brief cover letter/email setting out the reason for applying to work at IF_DO
- a CV
- sample portfolio as a pdf attachment.
Applications are to be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Email subject to be “Application – Project Architect”. (Please note: We cannot accept applications by post).
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be in contact should you be invited to interview.
Deadline for applications: Friday 17th July 2020.