Ignite Architects is hiring senior architects with experience in retail and residential design to join its team in Auckland, New Zealand.
With more than 30 years’ experience in architecture, planning and interior and urban design, Ignite Architects have built a reputation for designing beautiful spaces that create harmony between the built and natural world. Our multi-disciplinary team spans our five design studios across New Zealand and Australia.
You won’t find any ego’s here. At Ignite we pride ourselves on being an open and communicative firm, who puts our people and clients first. We are a social bunch with an active social club, and many regular events. People are friendly and approachable (including our leadership team), and we promote a non-hierarchical structure. We must be doing something right, due to the long tenure of most of our staff!
About the roles
We currently have two vacancies we are looking to recruit internationally for. The first role sits within the retail and commercial design team, where you will be involved in a broad range of projects including; retail mixed use, hotels, hospitality and large multi-level buildings – to name a few. There is a step away from the traditional retail mall format in New Zealand currently, and an increased focus on mixed use – community-based architecture. This is a senior role, where you will be able to utilise your high level of design skills, and oversee other functions such as interiors, and master-planning for your projects.
The second role comprises of large multi-unit/multi-level residential, mixed-use, hospitality, education, as well as modular prefabricated construction.
The role is responsible for:
- client relationship management, retention and business development
- mentor-ship and growth of junior staff
- all project phases from concept through to construction
Have you worked on large-scale mixed-use retail projects internationally or have you had multi-unit, multi-level residential experience? Would you love an opportunity to either return home to a role after your OE, or perhaps immigrate to New Zealand permanently? We strongly feel the person we are looking for will be currently living overseas and be able to bring their high level of international project experience to our firm.
In addition, we are looking for the following:
- a minimum of eight years’ experience in either retail or multi-unit residential
- general knowledge of Revit, CAD and BIM drawings
- a bachelor’s level qualification in architecture
- architectural registration to the appropriate institute of your country
What you will receive:
- assistance with immigration procedures and visas (if required)
- a competitive relocation package
- a vibrant and creative team environment that is centered around our people – you will enjoy our modern work-space, with a family feel
- competitive salary and flexibility in the way you work
- an opportunity for growth into future directorship
Applications close on Thursday 19 September, however we will be reviewing applications as they are received.