INC Architecture & Design is looking to add an intermediate interior designer to its team in New York, USA.
INC is seeking a full-time interior designer (candidates may be non-licensed) with three-five years of professional experience in high-end hospitality, specifically hotels and restaurants, with strong design skills and exceptional organizational skills. Experience in interior finishes and furniture. Experience performing contract administration. A four-year bachelor’s degree or three plus masters degree in interior design who is excited about working in an integrated architecture/interiors environment. You should be able to work independently with a wide range of consultants under the supervision of an associate.
- responsible for specific technical design aspects of projects including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions and can independently make decisions on design problems and methods
- client interaction
- concept development
- schematic blocking and planning
- building Information modelling (Revit) especially furniture
- rendering and visualization of space
- consultant coordination and management
- contract document production
- specifications production
- understands and implements NYC residential interiors codes; especially accessibility
- contract administration: submittals, requests for information, site meetings
- reports to associates
- responsible for managing project task lists
- responsible for two-three simultaneous projects at different phases of development
- at least three years of professional Revit experience. Please show Revit work at both design and documentation level
- understanding rendering and how to make a beautiful image
- candidates must have experience in high-end residential or hospitality experience
- candidates must be legally allowed to work in the US
INC Architecture & Design is a multi-disciplinary architecture and design studio, with experience in a wide range of project types located in the SoHo district of New York City. Having executed high-rise residential buildings, hotels, restaurants, galleries, retail stores, private residences, and private residential interiors, the studio specializes in the integration of architecture and interior design.
This salaried position’s benefits begin after a three-month introductory period. Benefits include two weeks of paid vacation, paid holidays, plus time off between Christmas and New Years; health, dental and vision insurance; snacks; beer and coffee on tap and a 401K.
Taxes will be withheld from salary as per the requirements of the IRS and New York State.
If you feel you are qualified, please apply with a cover letter, resume, portfolio, and a minimum of two professional contract documents examples in PDF to our jobs portal.