Indian Ocean is looking for a design and planning assistant to join its team in London.
The role requires assisting the design and planning team by creating basic technical drawings and concept presentations. You should have excellent organisational skills and be a creative thinker. The ideal candidate should have a passion for design and an interest in materials. Excellent communication skills both written and spoken are essential and experience in either the furniture or luxury sector.
Main specific responsibilities:
- producing drawings and concept presentations using SketchUp, InDesign and SketchUp Layout (if required)
- producing estimates and 3D and technical drawings for bespoke products (electric shades, kitchens, bespoke furniture)
- prioritising and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- working to deadlines, guiding subcontractors and suppliers to complete projects on time and achieve client satisfaction
- site visits for taking measurements and on-site installation supervisions
- applying excellent product knowledge when meeting with private and commercial clients
- supporting and managing projects of the D&P team, assisting in the day to day tasks of the department
- representing the company at exhibitions and in the showroom
Skills and experience:
- a relevant degree in design
- excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- minimum of 12 months’ professional experience in this sector
Excellent IT literacy with:
- Photoshop (a bonus)
- SketchUp Layout (a bonus)
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.