Büro Ole Scheeren has an opportunity for an interior designer with hospitality experience to join its team in Beijing, China.
Büro Ole Scheeren is an international firm that practices architecture, urbanism, interior design, and research.
Our work ranges from city-defining structures and innovative urban prototypes to carefully crafted cultural buildings, with projects across Asia, Europe and North America.
We have recently completed the Guardian Art Center in Beijing, DUO in Singapore, and MahaNakhon in Bangkok; our current developments include, amongst others, 1515 Alberni in downtown Vancouver, an innovative adaptive re-use in Frankfurt, a high-rise complex in Ho Chi Minh City, and a landmark super high-rise in Southern China, amongst others.
We are looking for an experienced interior designer with strong experiences in hospitality to join our growing interiors team in our Beijing office, with an emphasis of working on and delivering design and drawing packages for high-profile interiors that will be part of and highly integrated with architectures designed also by our office.
- you will share a passion for conceptualizing, translating and extrapolating stories of ambitious architectural designs into compelling interior spaces
- you will inspire your team members in developing unique and innovative concepts, and evolve them into comprehensive and rigorously detailed information fit for construction
- you will impart your design standards as well as your technical and practical experience to your team, and coach and mentor them
- you have an extensive track record of at least six years’ post-qualification in-depth involvement and leadership in the interior design of medium to large-scale projects such as hotels and resorts and have delivered successfully drawings packages beyond concept level
- you have worked in an internationally acclaimed design-led architectural or interior design firms, pairing strong design sensitivity with technical and managerial knowledge, and are able to communicate concepts and experiential qualities with precision and a fine graphic sensibility
- you excel in a dynamic work environment and have exemplary time management and delivery skills
- you are literate in AutoCAD and Adobe CS, ideally also in Rhino. English fluency is a key requirement, with business level Cantonese or Mandarin skills a plus
We offer dedicated long-term prospects within the supportive and stimulating environment of our international design network, with the opportunity to further your career as well as competitive salary and benefits. We embrace diversity in all applicants’ backgrounds.
Positions are currently based in Beijing.
If this role excites you, please submit your CV and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 10MB, no website links please) using the ‘apply’ link below.
All application information will be treated as strictly confidential.