Interiors of Chiswick is hiring a senior interior designer to join its team in London.
Interiors of Chiswick is a long-established interior design studio and showroom on the Chiswick High Road is looking to fill the position of senior interior designer.
The candidate we are seeking is a full-time senior designer to join our team in West London. In this position you will act as senior designer responsible for multiple projects simultaneously from initial concept and site visit through to development, coordination, documentation and on-site execution.
In this position you will be meeting clients face to face and will have the opportunity to be part of exceptional projects in the residential and hospitality sectors.
Proficiency in using industry design software as well as MS office and be willing to learn ordering systems as well as work independently or as part of a team.
Position is available immediately to be fulfilled.
- customer facing with the ability to conceptualize, present and convert the prospective client to an order
- provide full interior design schemes, CAD drawings, mood boards and presentations
- site visits and client/contractor interaction
- coordinate and liaise between trades people and suppliers to adhere to project deadlines
- creation of quotations and administration
- work with the in-house design team where applicable
- be a team player
- customer service and aftercare
Key attributes required:
- three plus years’ experience as an interior designer in residential and/or hospitality sectors
- strong understanding of the full design process
- degree in interior design is an advantage
- be part of a team and take independent initiative
- experience, energy and enthusiasm in project monitoring from concept to completion
- be confident during client face to face meetings
- technical drawing skills
- computer literate: proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop
- proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch up, Adode illustrator/photoshop and MS Office
- needs to be able to create CAD technical drawing packages of plans, elevations, sections, window treatments, furniture, floor and walls finishes
- sourcing and procurement of FF&E, dealing directly with suppliers
- high level scheme making
- confident in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- the ability to work to prescribed budgets
- capable of working in a pressured environment with the ability to work to deadlines
- strong communication skills, both written, verbal and presentable
- strong administration skills
- strong negotiating and problem-solving skills
- well spoken English language
- full drivers licence required