J. Adams & Co is seeking a junior CAD designer to join its team in Birmingham, UK.
We are a fast-growing luxury lighting manufacturer, producing all of our products in-house – from machining and laser cutting of components, to finishing, wiring and assembly.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of a small team of product engineers in Birmingham, liaising with the design team in London and help produce drawings and documents for manufacture.
The role requires:
- modelling of machined parts, components and sheet metal fabrications in SolidWorks
- creation of assemblies and configurations in SolidWorks
- creation of dimensioned part drawings for manufacture
- production of detailed exploded views and BOMs to guide the assembly team in how to make our lights
- use of SolidWorks Composer software and Adobe Suite to create easy to understand user instructions and diagrams
- modelling of well thought out packaging designs
The ideal candidate has:
- excellent SolidWorks skills
- an understanding of design for manufacture
- experience using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign beneficial
- experience with Solidworks Composer beneficial
- experience with SolidCAM or similar CAM software beneficial
- fluent English essential
Hours: 7am – 4pm, Monday-Thursday/7am – 1pm on Fridays
Salary dependant on experience.