James Hamilton Architects is seeking a junior interior designer/architectural assistant to join its team working remotely.
James Hamilton Architects are looking to hire an interior designer and/or architectural assistant with one to two years’ experience in high-end residential and/or hotel interior design. A designer who shares our interest in materials, technology, construction methodology, and who is able to approach each project with a fresh perspective. You will be required to work on projects largely in the Turks and Caicos Islands but also on projects in the UK and USA.
James Hamilton Architects are seeking a junior interior designer, experienced Part 1 architectural assistant, or Part 2 architectural assistant with a strong interest in ID to join our team of ten. Initially this will be a home-working role (due to Covid) with a potential relocation to the Turks and Caicos Islands on a permanent basis.
Over the years JHA has been producing high quality, unique projects. To this day, our goal remains simple, to produce unique work that has an impact on an international level whilst investing in our staff to ensure they have the cutting edge skills to execute on live projects. We are a small international practice with high ambition and are looking for staff to grow with us as we encounter an increasingly large workload. Our work is predominantly within the high-end villa market. Please visit our website for a look at recent projects.
- higher education certificate from a recognized university (diploma or degree level) – merit or above in architecture or interior design/architecture
- over one year’s experience working on interiors projects
- proven skills with adobe suite
- experience using AutoCAD or Revit
- experience specifying interior furnishings and fixtures
- fluent English speaker
- experience using dynamo or grasshopper
- has experience of creating lighting designs
- experience of American or European interior products
- experience working with high-end clients
- experience using Lumion
- experience of working in a design team
- Spanish speaker
- great graphical portfolio
- any marketing or social media expertise
- UK/Europe driving license
- the candidate will need to be self-motivated to remotely present packages of work for review with the directors and the clients
- the candidate will need to be able to schedule both in excel and in Revit all interior finishes and fixtures and check drawings to ensure specification is coordinated
- the candidate will need to specify all furniture, fixtures and finishes
- the candidate will need to work with a team to complete packages
- salary based on experience
- full or part time available
- home based working with potential relocation if permanent
- training budget available to all employees
- ability to relocate or travel multiple times a year (paid for by James Hamilton Architects)
- freelance position (self-employed status) for three months with a view to permanent position
This role is ideal for a talented, junior designer with an interest in interior design, looking to advance their skills on live international projects and relish the idea of travelling or relocating to the Caribbean. A love of the sea and the sun are a must!