Jas Bhalla Architects is looking for a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its practice in London.
We are an emerging multidisciplinary design practice, operating in the fields of architecture, urban design and town planning. The practice was founded by architect-planner Jas Bhalla in 2017. Our wide-ranging portfolio includes projects of all scales, from strategic masterplans to intimate refurbishments.
Over the last 12 months, the practice has won two significant open competitions focused on affordable housing design in outer London. In November 2019, we were awarded the William Sutton Prize for Affordable Housing Design and Placemaking. In August 2020, we were selected ahead of almost 80 other practices by Brick by Brick and the Stephen Lawrence Foundation as winners of the Housing for a Better World Competition. We are now working on several multi-unit commissions throughout London, realising the design concepts developed through these back-to-back awards.
JBA is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant with at least two years of experience to join our busy studio. Reporting to the director, you will be responsible for providing architectural support on a range of domestic and residential projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent rendering and graphic presentation skills
- experience in residential architecture with an understanding of layouts and space standards
- an understanding of the UK planning system and building regulations
- proficiency in Rhino 3D, V-Ray, the Adobe Creative Suite, and at least a basic understanding of Revit
- an understanding of UK planning and building regulations
- excellent written and spoken English skills
- the ability and confidence to work under minimum supervision
The position will be for an initial fixed term three month contract, with potential to become a permanent member of staff beyond this. JBA is committed to equality of opportunity and applications will be assessed regardless of race, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender, or religious beliefs.
Please submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below, with your name and position applied for in the subject line. All applications should be sent with CVs, work samples and salary expectations. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants.