Jason Bruges Studio is hiring a 3D visualiser/computational designer/3D generalist to join its team in London.
Jason Bruges Studio has become internationally renowned for producing innovative installations, interventions and ground-breaking works. Their practice involves creating interactive spaces and surfaces that sit between the world of architecture, site-specific installation art and interaction design.
Jason Bruges is the creative director of Jason Bruges Studio, which he founded in April 2002. He leads a pioneering team of architects, designers, creative technologists, programmers, computational designers and engineers to design and build ground-breaking installations across the world. The design studio and in-house workshop are based in London Fields, east London.
We are looking for an enthusiastic full-time visualiser to join our vibrant studio.
Working on a wide range of international projects, from smaller temporary installations to permanent architectural scale works, you will help visualise concept designs and drive the digital content of projects forward. Working closely with the design team members and the other visualisers/computational designers you will help to ensure each project’s visual representation is to the highest standard.
Day to day work ranges from creating stunning visuals and animations, optimising efficient rendering workflows, creating models and scenes for real-time/VR applications, procedural 3D asset generation, and designing generative content that informs our interactive installations that bridge the gap between design and hardware implementation.
A sense of resilience and humour is a must. We approach everything we do with exploration and excitement, and we need someone who will be an extension of this.
You may come from game development, graphic, architectural, interior or lighting design background, we are open to all possibilities. You will be working alongside and guidance of other team members, both trained as architects with seven to ten years of visualising experience, working across multiple software packages, procedural geometry, complex simulations, and algorithmic data-driven design, to name a few.
There is a lot to learn in this position with access to first-hand in-house training and a range of development opportunities.
Required key skillsets:
- two/three plus years experience in 3D animation, a possible recent graduate
- Cinema 4D is a requirement
- an understanding of render engines, ideally Octane (Redshift, Arnold or V-Ray useful)
- Adobe Suite including After Effects
- good design and technical ability, and passion for 3D visualisation
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- capable of delivering high-quality projects in a fast-paced environment through instructions as well as independently, whilst maintaining a high standard of quality
- adaptable to changing demands and able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while always remaining calm and professional
- good management and communication skills
- able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to self-development
- Grasshopper – Rhino
- Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Some experience with Arduino or Raspberry Pi
Salary: dependent on experience
- 20 days annual leave plus one for birthday/one extra day A/L after two years’ service, up to max of five days
- iPhone on Vodaphone business package
- automatic enrolment in NEST pension scheme
- free weekly yoga
- cycle to work scheme
- annual eye check-up with Cubitts Opticians
- quarterly museum/gallery trips
- maternity/paternity package
To apply please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio (no more than 10Mb) using the apply for job button below.
Please mark the application JRVIS_JBS in the subject.