Jeff Kahane + Associates is looking for a Part 3 architect or experienced Part 2 assistant to join its team in London.
We have a prospective vacancy for an experienced Part 3 architect or experienced Part 2 assistant in our friendly, award-winning, design-led RIBA chartered practice in Camden, north London. The successful applicant will work alongside Jeff on a day to day basis.
The successful candidate needs to have:
- at least two to three years’ office experience working on private residential projects in the UK
- excellent CAD drawing skills in Vectorworks and SketchUp
- fluent verbal and written communication skills in English – please note that this is 100% essential
- a commitment to modern humane architecture and to the work that needs to go into achieving it
- drawings that convey the scope and scale of previous office experience, and also the applicant’s approach to imaginative, fine-grain design
- an ability to liaise sympathetically with private clients, contractors, and with other members of the office
- experience in writing schedules of work and in occasionally running site meetings on private residential projects
- knowledge of UK planning processes and building regulations for England
- a willingness to share in the everyday tasks of running a small office
- the ability to progress work rapidly and to know when to ask for assistance
The position is full-time and intended to be long-term following an initial probationary period. Salary is negotiable based on experience and suitability.
Please submit PDFs of your covering letter (addressed to Jeff Kahane), your CV and a mini-folio of your work with a maximum 10MB file size via the apply for job button below. Availability to start in late June preferred, or by mid-July at the latest.
We regret we may only be able to contact shortlisted applicants. Applications should be received by 1 July 2022 although those received after this deadline may be considered in the event of no appointment having been made. We cannot take phone applications or those sent by post; absolutely no agencies please. Many thanks for your interest.