Jigsaw Interior Architecture is looking for a CAD technician/draftsman to join its firm in London.
Founded in 2005, Jigsaw has enjoyed considerable growth in this emerging industry of Interior Architecture. We are a close-knit team with a wealth of experience within two design studios located in Poole and London producing schemes for both domestic and commercial designs. We are delighted to announce we now have an exciting opportunity for a CAD technician/draftsman to join our team in our busy London interior architecture studio.
The required individual should meet the following criteria:
- three plus years’ experience in the residential sector
- a relevant university degree or have a strong technical draftsman background within the shop fitting sector or an architectural background
- an understanding of the RIBA plan of work and work stages of design and construction industries is advantageous
- experience in producing layout drawings to a detailed level incorporating relevant building regulation knowledge. Although building regulation drawings are not produced within this office, the right candidate will have the relevant knowledge to produce plans that do comply.
- must have excellent all-round technical knowledge and attention to detail in every aspect
- knowledge in construction methods in particular internal make up
- must be fluent in AutoCAD
- Vectorworks knowledge is an advantage
- must have good organisational skills
- an ability to comply with standards and protocols
- to be well spoken with a confident phone manner when answering the telephone
- although technically based, the right candidate will have a ‘designer’ hat on and a passion for design
- a creative flare with Photoshop, 3D modelling (SketchUp) and presentation skills is advantageous
The candidate will:
- produce CAD drawings for the lead designer on a project
- provide advice on technical matters to the project team
- provide professional advice to clients and the construction team
- visit site to check on the progress of building works and take minutes to inform other team members
- produce lighting and small power drawings. Experience in this is required
- produce final bathroom elevation drawings from first fix plumbing to tiling layouts. Previous experience is not required however it is advantageous. If the candidate has not drawn bathrooms specifically, sound experience in elevation and sectional drawing is fundamental.
- to be able to develop the design of bespoke elements in more technical detail fit for a site or costing purposes i.e. bespoke joinery, fireplaces, and staircases. To send drawings to specialist companies and request quotations
- must be competent in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for scheduling and email correspondence
- CSCS card is advantageous, training and test must be taken
Salary dependant on experience; salaries are negotiable for the right candidate. You must speak fluent English. You will be required to work 9.00 – 5.30 with half an hour lunch break and at times will be requested to work overtime to meet deadlines. Although working in the London office, the new member of our team may at times be required to go to our Poole head office, therefore, the ideal candidate will have the advantage of being flexible.
Please send CVs including references and portfolios using the ‘apply’ link below and we’ll get back to the successful candidates to arrange interviews. Candidates without portfolios will not be considered.
Thank you and good luck!