Jigsaw Interior Architecture is looking for an interior designer to join its busy team in Poole, UK.
Jigsaw Interior Architecture are a forward-thinking, multi-disciplined practice with projects that range from bespoke high-end properties along the south coast to large multi-unit urban developments in the heart of our capital. We are delighted to announce an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced FF&E interior designer to join our busy show home department in our Poole studio.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- concept development
- FF&E specification scheduling
- budgeting and quotes
- production of presentations
- client and supplier liaison
- purchasing and financial processes
- product placement and styling
- overseeing the installation of show homes
The required individual should meet the following criteria:
- minimum of one year working experience within developer residential interiors
- interior design or relevant creative degree preferred
- excellent communication skills. Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
- experience in conceptual thinking and communicating ideas to both clients and rest of the design team with confidence
- high-level of presentation skills with attention to detail in every aspect
- ability to design to a set budget and have good negotiation skills
- Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge required
- AutoCAD skills advantageous
- CSCS card is advantageous, if not obtained you will need to take part in training and test once joined the team to be able to attend site visits.
The right candidate will shadow team members at first but eventually take on their own projects independently and therefore need to have a strong background and portfolio that showcases their creative works from concept through to managing on-site installations. The candidate must have their own transport; although working in the Poole office, they will at times be required to travel within the UK for site visits and installations therefore the ideal candidate will have the advantage of being flexible.
How to apply
Please email CV’s including references and portfolios and we’ll get back to the successful candidates to arrange interviews. Candidates without portfolios illustrating conceptual development and final photography of own designs will not be considered.
Thank you and good luck!