Jigsaw Interior Architecture is looking for a mid-weight architectural designer to join its team in London.
Jigsaw Interior Architecture is delighted to announce we now have an exciting opportunity for a mid-weight architectural designer to join our team in our busy London studio. Founded in 2005, Jigsaw has enjoyed considerable growth in this emerging industry of interior architecture. We are a close-knit team with a wealth of experience within two design studios located in Poole and London producing schemes for both domestic and commercial designs.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- production of presentations
- concept development
- produce CAD drawing packages of layouts, bathroom, kitchen designs, lighting, small power, and bespoke joinery elements
- produce product specification documents
- budgeting and quotes
- client and supplier liaison
- overseeing site meetings with contractors, clients and other design professionals
The required individual should meet the following criteria:
- minimum four years’ of working experience within residential design
- commercial design experience advantageous
- interior design/interior architecture degree essential
- understanding of the RIBA plan of work and work stages of the industry
- an understanding of relevant building regulations is essential
- experience in conceptual thinking, presentations and communicating ideas to clients and rest of the design team with confidence
- the ability to design to a set budget and good negotiation skills
- must be able to develop the design of bespoke elements in more technical detail fit for the site and costing purposes
- product knowledge for elements within bathrooms, kitchens, lighting and electrical design
- experience in producing specification and schedule documents for the above elements
- experience producing lighting and small power drawings
- excellent all-round technical knowledge and attention to detail in every aspect
- fluent in AutoCAD, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge required
- 3D modeling skills advantageous
- CSCS card is crucial to be able to attend site visits
The candidate will shadow the design team manager at first to understand Jigsaw procedures but will be expected to take on their own projects. They will be working alone at times and as part of a team at others and therefore expected to have confidence with their own ideas. They will need to have a strong background and portfolio that showcases their creative works from concept through to completion of drawing packages.
Although based in London, you will at times be required to travel to the Poole head office and within the UK to attend site meetings and visit suppliers; therefore, the ideal candidate will need to have the advantage of being flexible. They must be fluent in English to be able to liaise well within meetings.
How to apply
Please submit CVs including references and portfolios using the ‘apply’ link below and we will get back to the successful candidates to arrange interviews.
Due to a high level of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted and should be expected to hear feedback within two weeks. Salary to be negotiated based on the level of experience and discussed prior to interview offers; it is, therefore, best to email with salary expectations.
Candidates without portfolios illustrating technical development and final photography of own designs will not be considered.
Thank you and good luck!