Jigsaw Interior Architecture has an opportunity for a mid-weight interior designer to join its practice in Poole, UK.
Jigsaw Interior Architecture are delighted to announce we now have an exciting opportunity for a mid-weight designer to join our team in our busy Poole Studio. Founded in 2005, Jigsaw has enjoyed considerable growth in this emerging industry of interior architecture. We are a close-knit team with a wealth of experience within two design studios located in Poole and London producing schemes for both domestic and commercial designs.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- production of presentations
- concept development
- produce CAD drawing packages of layouts, bathroom, kitchen designs, lighting, small power and bespoke joinery elements
- produce product specification documents
- budgeting and quotes
- client and supplier liaison
- overseeing site meetings with contractors, clients and other design professionals
The required individual should meet the following criteria:
- minimum three years working experience within residential design (or similar relevant sector i.e hospitality)
- commercial design experience advantageous
- interior design/interior architecture degree essential
- understanding of the RIBA plan of work and work stages of the industry
- an understanding of relevant building regulations preferred
- experience in conceptual thinking, presentations and communicating ideas to clients and rest of the design team with confidence
- the ability to design to a set budget and good negotiation skills
- must be able to develop the design of bespoke elements in more technical detail fit for site or costing purposes
- product knowledge for elements within bathrooms, kitchens, lighting and electrical design
- experience in producing specification and schedule documents for above elements
- experience producing lighting and small power drawings
- excellent all round technical knowledge and attention to detail in every aspect
- fluent in AutoCAD and Photoshop
- Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint knowledge advantageous
- 3D modelling skills advantageous
- CSCS card is advantageous, if not obtained you will need to take part in training and test once joined the team to be able to attend site visits.
The candidate will shadow the design team manager at first to understand Jigsaw procedures but will be expected to take on their own projects. Whilst taking direction from the director and manager, they will be working alone at times and as part of a team at others and therefore expected to have confidence with their own ideas. They will need to have a strong background and portfolio that showcases their creative works from concept through to completion of drawing packages.
Although based in Poole, they will at times be required to travel to the London studio and within the UK to attend site meetings and visit suppliers; therefore, the ideal candidate will need to have their own vehicle as well as have the advantage of being flexible. They must be fluent in English to be able to liaise well within these meetings.
How to apply
Please submit CVs including references and portfolios using the form below and we’ll get back to the successful candidates to arrange interviews. Salary to be negotiated based on level of experience and discussed prior to interview offer. Candidates without portfolios illustrating technical development and final photography of own designs will not be considered.
Thank you and good luck!